Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, as you all probably remember, I was eyeing the new 2003 Accord and planning to grab a copy as soon as its in the showroom.
Well today we went to Honda dealer to test drive the CRV not because we will get one but because it has the same engine as the newer 4 cyc Accord. But the problem is...

We like the CRV after driving it for the first time:confused:

The power is there I thought its not underpowered at all. Drives like a car and great visibility.
Now the problem is, an MDX and CRV? can't we get enough of these? I know there are differences but in a sense they are "utility" vehicles. One major criteria is MPG and CRV delivers. Price range is the same.

We never thought we are going to end up on this delimma and after thinking hard for the last couple hours, we are still confused:confused:

With the CRV, we can load it up in Home Depot and spare the MDX. And also it sits higher. The EX sure doesn't have the little luxuries Accord will have but sure it will beat out the Accord in utilities.
Gosh, I'm all warmed up about getting the latest NAV of the Accord but I guess if its a software/database based we can get it in our MDX soon.

What do you'll think?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hey cardingtr.....

.........I also like the CRV, but I'm not sure you'll be able to upgrade all the NAVI functions in the MDX.......probably the 7 MILLION POIs and coverage, but the 3D birds-eye view, split screen, faster calculating etc. etc. etc. and, of course, the "voice-activated" feature I'm doubtful........I would say get the ACCORD V6 with that KILLER NAVI.....and I've read the Accord V6 really screams (well, in a "motion" sort of way :D ).....0-60 in under 6.6 secs!!!....and all this "screaming" is done in perfect silence!!! :D ....Yes, I read it's unbelieveably quiet and refined (they compared it to a Lexus ES 300!!!).......and I also read over at www.vtec.net that the Chief engineer says that using premium boosts it's hp to 250hp and torque to 222lb.ft.......that's almost Type-S territory!!........so for the times you need utility you could use your MDX and when you need to have a blast behind the wheel and feel like your Mario Andretti you have something to excite the pleasure senses!!

In fact I like the new Accord so much, I'm soooo tempted to get one in addition to my 2003 MDX.......but, oh well can't spend everything on cars ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I drive a 1998 Green CRV EX (it replaced a 1990 Accord) and love it. My wife loves it too. It is the best car I have owned and I plan to keep for many, many years.

I first saw the X a year or so ago and after reading about it, I thought it was a great vehicle. When my wife's Caravan started giving us trouble, I suggested we check out the X. I never thought she would want to spend that kind of money (she is very sensible about money), but she fell in love with it. We picked up our redrock base a few weeks ago. The X is great and so is the CRV. My wife admitted she loves both. So do I, but I really haven't driven the X much.

A couple of friends/relatives have commented on us having two SUV's, but too bad, we love them both. There is no reason you have to have a sedan. Buy what you like, afterall, you are paying for it and you will be driving it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You've been bitten by the new car bug! I would wait to test drive the 03 Accord, you might like it better. The CRV is based on the Civic and the Accord is based on the, well, Accord.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The difference with us humans, is after presented with this kind of situation, we get a cold drink and we are fine.

I looked at the calendar today, Sept 9th is not that far. I'll keep my eyes off the dealership until that date, then I'll bring an ice-cold Nestea and sort the cars out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Hey cardingtr.....

vicpai said:
.........I also like the CRV, but I'm not sure you'll be able to upgrade all the NAVI functions in the MDX.......probably the 7 MILLION POIs and coverage, but the 3D birds-eye view, split screen, faster calculating etc. etc. etc. and, of course, the "voice-activated" feature I'm doubtful........I would say get the ACCORD V6 with that KILLER NAVI.....and I've read the Accord V6 really screams (well, in a "motion" sort of way :D ).....0-60 in under 6.6 secs!!!....and all this "screaming" is done in perfect silence!!! :D ....Yes, I read it's unbelieveably quiet and refined (they compared it to a Lexus ES 300!!!).......and I also read over at www.vtec.net that the Chief engineer says that using premium boosts it's hp to 250hp and torque to 222lb.ft.......that's almost Type-S territory!!........so for the times you need utility you could use your MDX and when you need to have a blast behind the wheel and feel like your Mario Andretti you have something to excite the pleasure senses!!

In fact I like the new Accord so much, I'm soooo tempted to get one in addition to my 2003 MDX.......but, oh well can't spend everything on cars ;)
VicPai,

Take this as no offence, but i must ask about your fascination with Honda's Navigation System, Navi. systems in general rather.

WHy do you place such a great importance on the navigation system while buying a car? Is it that you travel to new places a lot or is the gadgetry too tempting for you? :confused:

I also read you are buying an MDX over GX 470:eek:

WHY WHY WHY? :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go for the CR-V

I got the CR-V in December and the Pilot on July.
Sorry no MDX (I'm too cheap).
The dealer asked if I wanted an Element also? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts