Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Accident Repairs

672 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Adam Milgrub 
#1 ·
Realize this is an MDX forum but we have both an MDX and and RDX. My sons 2016 RDX was hit in a parking lot back in the fall. Was finally able to get it into the body shop. It is white diamond pearl. They had to replace the passenger side fender, both doors and repair the rear fender. When looking at the car from the side it looks fantastic. The fender to the hood is off. Not horrible but I don't think it is right and believe they can do better. I did bring it up with the body shop and they said WDP is so hard. It is a very reputable shop with fantastic reviews. I will say the estimate from insurance included blending all panels but no blending of the fender into the hood. Please tell me what you think.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The fender looks slightly lighter than the door and hood. It could have been prevented if they did spray cards and figured out how much pearl they needed to make it look the same. But as you mentioned they never blended it into the door and hood so it would be unlikely to match.
I’d also try to polish the hood/door and see if it lightens at all. It may not help if the body shop already did that.
If your insurance paid for the blend and their quote has a line item for it, they need to do it. But most likely they will give you a hard time for complaining .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.