Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just installed a battery minder on my MDX. attached it to the top of the battery box and ran the plug out under the bumper drivers side. only problem I had was that it sits under the air inlet and you can't see the lights for charging you have to lean way in and look under the air inlet to see the lights. So I can just reach under to plug it into an extension cord. I'm sure folks will think its a engine heater plug.

Thanks for this thread we had a problems with an Odyssey in AK that couldn't be parked more than 5 day and Lincoln Navigator in GA that couldn't sit more than a week, both would drain their batteries and had to be put on a minder. So I have used these for years. If I know I'm not going to drive a car for a couple days I'll just plug it up. supposedly when it really cold you can hook one of these chargers up and it will keep the battery warmer while its charging. Its only a 1.5 amp. So it will keep it fresh, it takes days to charge one with this little battery minder.

·
Registered
55 Posts
the other day my wife left the lights on when she accidently hit the rotary switch and put the lights on on instead of auto, when I went to out to start the car I couldn't figure out why the car was dinging when I opened the door, after searching around I found out the lights were on over night, but the battery wasn't dead, the car started up, so the car had to shut the power off by itself.
Not sure which year your TL is, but at least for the 3rd gen MDXs the lights turn off after 90 seconds regardless of the headlight switch position. I find this annoying when I'm setting up camp at night but otherwise it is convenient for saving the battery. For example, I always leave the switch on in the parking lamp position when I get to work. I do this so when I leave work (at night) I hit the unlock button on the key and the amber parking lights turn on. It serves no purpose other than making me smile because I love the look of it from across the parking lot. :geek:

21 - 22 of 22 Posts