Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow MDXers:

I live in Northern Virginia (Wash DC) and just bought an MDX and wish to a) buy and b) get professionally installed the following accessories:

- Running Boards
- Roof Rack
- Gold Emblem pkg

Can someone point out the best online / local merchant (other than dealers who are charging an arm and a leg) to buy and any pointers towards where I can get them installed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
699 Posts
For purchasing, there's this guy named Tim at hondacuraworld. Great prices, especially when you include delivery.:4:

Can't point you at an installer, though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
winterblaze said:
Hello Fellow MDXers:

I live in Northern Virginia (Wash DC) and just bought an MDX and wish to a) buy and b) get professionally installed the following accessories:

- Running Boards
- Roof Rack
- Gold Emblem pkg

Can someone point out the best online / local merchant (other than dealers who are charging an arm and a leg) to buy and any pointers towards where I can get them installed.

Thanks in advance.
one choice of where to buy the accessories, and only one....Tim from hondacura.com who is our guru on the acuramdx.org site. His prices are extremely good and competitive, instructions are available making some of these pretty easy to do as a novice, I did the running board install in about an hour....and his prices just require two bucks handling fee and no shipping. For installation beyond that, try your local mechanic or a body shop. Good luck, and enjoy the MDX. Look thru this site and you will find pictures of various X's with those accessories installed. :cool:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to the club

Welcome Winterblaze

Majority of the members buy from Tim at HondaAcura World, he has the best prices, friendly and will help you in any way he can. He is also one of the moderators of this site. http://www.hondacuraworld.com/frame.html .

There are also group buys on this site that can save you money. You can find a picture of just about any accessory including aftermarket made for the MDX on this site. The search engine can be your best friend to find what you are looking for or get an answer to your question.

The only item I had the dealer install was the towing package. Most of the items from Tim can be installed yourself. Just take your time with the installation and you will not have any problems. There are plenty of tips on installing the accessories that can be found on this site

I also live in Northern VA.

Welcome and maybe we might cross paths some day. I'm starting to see more X's in the area now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome winterblaze,

I ordered most of my accessories from hondacuraworld also and installed them myself. Saved almost $400 on the side steps alone over what the dealer wanted. What color/model of X do you have? I am in Reston so maybe we'll cross paths.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I concur with the others on the source of the parts, but would suggest you ask your dealership's service department if they would be willing to install these items for you if you don't want to do it yourself. They shouldn't have any problems installing Acura parts on your Acura even if you don't get the parts through the dealership. You will probably pay $75 per hour and it will probably take three or four hours to install everything, including the gold package. Of course, as a dyed-in-the-wool do-it-yourselfer, I'd suggest doing it yourself! One advantage to having the Acura dealer install the parts is that you should be able to easily get warranty service if it's ever needed, although Acura parts should be serviceable no matter who installs them, I think!

If you're not much of a do-it-yourselfer, but are pretty handy, you might just take a look at some of the threads about installing these products to see if you might want to try it. The running boards and side steps are 'bolt on' parts - no drilling or other alteration of the vehicle. The gold package might be a little harder.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
WinterBlase,

You could get the accessories from Tim for discount price + free shipping. And ask your dealer to install them for you.

It also won't be too hard to install them by yourself, it just take times.

GOOD LUCK, and welcome aboard. :)

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Just remember if they are installed by the dealer at the time of delivery they are part of the bumper to bumper if you should have a problem.
IF installed after delivery, the parts are warranted for 12 months, but the installation may have it's own warranty depending on the dealer.
Of course, if you install them yourself, only the parts are warranted.
Is this right, Tim?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts