Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an Acura new owner piece of mail for my 2017 MDX. In it, it states, "To use ACC, press the MAIN button and accelerate to your desired speed above 25 mph. Press SET/- and take your foot off the pedal. To activate low-speed follow, press SET/- to set the speed at 25 mph."

Is this a typo? or is there some other functionality available if you set ACC below 25? I have used ACC, usually set for 65 and had the car follow in traffic all the way down to a creep - even including a short stop. Any longer than a brief stop, I need to press the gas pedal momentarily to resume. Has anyone experienced otherwise? The sentence in the piece of mail seems to suggest otherwise.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The term "Low Speed Following" should be indicative of a different functionality vs normal ACC...
IIRC LSF will resume acceleration by itself (Thus the term Following) in low speed scenarios as below 25mph.
ACC will not resume acceleration after it stopped completely (Thus not Following).

·
Registered
57 Posts
you can set the cruise control from 0 mph but only if there's a car right in front of you, kind of annoying how there HAS to be another car or you can't set it. you can press resume from any speed though regardless if there's a car in front or not.

be wary when using it though, there's literally been countless times where it glitches out, doesn't slow down, and there'd literally be an accident had i not intervened. the toyotas work much more seamlessly i think, and don't cancel out because the car in front is "too close" lol seriously the car will bring itself to a stop, then give you a message saying "cruise cancelled, vehicle in front too close" or something like that.

Reactions: JennRosa

·
Registered
9 Posts
@1999LS400 I do hope there will be some sort of update available to fix at least the bug that causes the car NOT to slow down. I just don’t understand how the front cam wouldn’t recognize that there’s a car in its path!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts