Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was out for about 5-6 hours on Friday and had my MDX running almost the whole time with a lot of idle time as I was in and out of the vehicle

At some point, the air stopped blowing cold. The fans work and change speeds as expected but they're just pushing around the HOT Arizona air.

Just got back from AutoZone and changed the AC Clutch Relay with no luck.

Does that mean it is the AC Clutch?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had my wife turn on the car with me under the hood and then the AC

I did not see the Clutch do anything, no sounds, nothing. Doesn't really seem accessible without getting into the tire well and removing the fender shroud.

I had my Timing belt replaced by the dealer last week, any chance there is something they forgot to do? There appears to be green coolant on the engine pan or whatever is below the AC clutch when viewing from directly above.

I also hopped under and checked the compressor. I was able to spin the front of the clutch by hand but of course the pulley and belt did not spin. Had the wife fire it up and tried banging on the clutch with no results.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I had my Timing belt replaced by the dealer last week, any chance there is something they forgot to do? There appears to be green coolant on the engine pan or whatever is below the AC clutch when viewing from directly above.
Sometimes the wire to the compressor clutch is unplugged during a t-belt change. It wouldn't hurt to ask the dealer to just give it a quick check.

Be nice - as in "Hey, I was wondering if it was possible,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,":cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have a leak and all your 134a leaked out, your compressor wouldn't turn on as a safety feature. Buy a can or two from WalMart with the hose attached and fill the system again. On the hose, there is a gauge so you can see if the system is full or empty. If it was empty, it will take about one can before the high pressure switch allows the compressor to turn on. But that would be good news and bad news. Good news that your compressor works, bad news that you have a leak and pray that its only an o-ring leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts