Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving for 5-6 hours my AC started getting warm and hasn’t got cold since. It is averaging 110 in Phoenix and I am dying lol

Replaced the Relay already, no luck L

I cannot hear the clutch kicking in at any point and have looked up close with the wife at the controls. I have reached from under the vehicle and can turn the front plate of the compressor by hand. I have attempted to tap it while it is running to see if it would engage, AC on LO and fans on high, no luck again.

My brother in-law has some R134 left from a recent project but it has sealant in it. Should I use it to see if I am low? Does AutoZone have a tester I could rent or borrow?

At this point I am thinking it is the AC Clutch Coil. I don’t believe you can buy the clutch coil separate but I did find this on eBay but something doesn’t seem right. Same part for 2003-2013??

New A C Compressor Clutch Coil Fits Acura MDX 2003 2013 Acura ZDX 2010 2013 | eBay

Any other ideas what I should be checking? Anyone know how to get the clutch without the compressor?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Before you start tearing things apart get some gauges on it, maybe all the Freon leaked out somewhere, and the safeties are doing their job. If you are dying find a Honda dealer close by they shouldn't charge you more than an hour to tell you it's charged or not, and possibly even the actual problem. While I do not do a lot of AC work, it has been my experience that typically if the system is properly charged, the "No Clutch Engagement" problem is rarely the clutch coil, yes I have seen them bad, but more likely some other electrical component.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello

Just went down to Autozone and checked the low pressure. It is at Zero.

There was no instruction but I put it on and it read 0. No valves or nothing so seems hard to do wrong.

What are these safety measures you mentioned?

Worth refilling or should I take it in to have the leaks checked?

Thanks

EDIT :: I now see on videos I should have turned on my car. My problem is that the compressor is not kicking on so it would not have made a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts