Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 MDX with something wrong with that AC. So heres the problem: The AC works just fine for the backseat (center console). However, the front AC, especially the driver side, blows warm air while stopped or driving but the weird thing is is the air in the front gets somewhat tolerable if the rear AC is on and blowing out. Again the drivers side is the side that is affected but the passenger's side is much cooler but still not like the rear AC temp. Also when I was on the freeway the other day a mist was coming out of the front vents but only when it was on outside air (I live in UT where it is hot and dry right now). I have changed the AC relay (https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-39794-SDA-A05-Power-Assembly/dp/B00BFDH05Y/ref=sr_1_1?=UTF8&qid=1467127970&sr=8-keywords=2007+mdx+AC+relay) and this hasn't helped the issues. Anyone else having this issue and what did they do for it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would suggest looking at the air mix motor for the drivers side. It is located under the dash in front, above the gas pedal. Mine had a similar issue and the motor was stuck and not working. You can try taking it apart and gently cleaning the contact surface for the pins internally, or buy a new one and install it yourself. Also, there is a diagnostic mode that you can put the climate control system into that may be helpful in diagnosing the issue. Check out my recent post on replacing the rear air mix motor in the center console. The troubleshooting manual for the climate control system is posted there for download.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will do that thanks for the information. It is just such a weird problem. It's only the drivers side a/c that doesn't work but the A/C works fine on that side ONLY when the center console air is one. I will try what you suggested and get back. Thanks!

·
Registered
893 Posts
When I had a drivers side ac issue and called the dealership the service tech suggested that if it was a stuck air mix motor that sometimes it can be "unstuck" by manually turning the fan on high and the temp down low. You might try that before taking the unit apart. In my case the issue was a leak in the rear unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what is the part number for the air mix motor...also I think its call the air blend actuator as well.? I tried everything and the driver side is still blowing out warm air when the passenger side is much cooler, I think I am going to buy the part but I can't find it online at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts