Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the ac compressor on a 2008 can be pulled out the bottom? Will it fit? The clutch on it died. There is power to it do I know it’s def the clutch & not the relay

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Should reach it through wheel well

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have changed clutch on a 2006 RL while ac was on the car.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just remove the compressor clutch and then remove the field coil and replace a new field coil. No need to remove the compressor. You would need a very good 90 degree snap ring pliers and work you way from the right wheel wells.

Good luck

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just remove the compressor clutch and then remove the field coil and replace a new field coil. No need to remove the compressor. You would need a very good 90 degree snap ring pliers and work you way from the right wheel wells.

Good luck
Any suggestions on where to buy a clutch? I’m having a hard time finding one. Seems like they want to sell the whole compressor

·
Registered
809 Posts
Any suggestions on where to buy a clutch? I’m having a hard time finding one. Seems like they want to sell the whole compressor
I bought all kinds from home depot, Lowe, HarborFreight, Amazon. Some worked some broke. I returned them all after done. Most of them broke. I don’t remembered which ones was working .

your clutch is fine . Your coil field is dead. You can get it from eBay or Acura online.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spent an hour fighting with one snap ring. Screw it , it’s getting a new compressor, it looks a lot easier then fighting with the snap rings

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech
121 Posts
Then you would also have to replace the o-rings, evacuate and recharge the AC with the proper amount of refrigerant and hope that no other part of your system turns loose because you installed a new compressor.
AC systems start leaking at the weakest point. You add new parts and it goes to the next weakest point.. just food for thought.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts