Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read around and it seems that a new relay, fuse, or refrigerant solved everyone else's problems but it hasn't solved mine.

The Problem - AC blower is fine but only hot/room temp air comes out.

What I've tried - Tested all fuses and relays, they were all good (1 fuse box in the interior, 2 exterior). Disconnected the AC Clutch from its original power supply and tested voltage coming out of it, which was 0. I bypassed the AC Clutch and directly linked it to the battery and it was working great. It was garaged for about a week and no critters have been inside the engine.

Would it be possible that the new fuse I bought was a dud?

·
Registered
798 Posts
You said you tested the fuses and relays, yet you're asking if a new fuse could be bad?

How did you test your fuses and relays?

·
Registered
798 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So I've read around and it seems that a new relay, fuse, or refrigerant solved everyone else's problems but it hasn't solved mine.

The Problem - AC blower is fine but only hot/room temp air comes out.

What I've tried - Tested all fuses and relays, they were all good (1 fuse box in the interior, 2 exterior). Disconnected the AC Clutch from its original power supply and tested voltage coming out of it, which was 0. I bypassed the AC Clutch and directly linked it to the battery and it was working great. It was garaged for about a week and no critters have been inside the engine.

Would it be possible that the new fuse I bought was a dud?
AC clutch can have 0 power for a few reasons such as low refrigerant charge, high engine temp, etc:

here's some troubleshooting steps to help out:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Easy 1min way is to just swap relays with the fog light relay and ac clutch relay and see if ac is working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts