Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been having issues with the car flashing the ABS or VSA lights for just a second or two at a time. This is often followed by a jolt in the car or revving the engine in gear 1 and not shifting to gear 2. When I shift back to neutral and to drive it corrects itself. This will happen 1 or 2 times during a drive trip. One of the one screen messages is Assist 61. I have taken the car to 2 Acura Dealerships and 2 Private Mechanics and no codes are read to help diagnose.

In order to attempt repair I have recently replaced the battery, transmission rebuild, and new battery cabling. The issue is still persistent and running out of ideas of how to repair. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Car: 2008 Acura MDX
Miles: 195,000

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
sounds like the VSA system is freaking out and causing this issue as it controls the trans as well as the brakes for when you are skidding. DTC Code 61 on VSA system is low voltage IGN1 circuit which makes me think it can be a wiring issue to the VSA control unit. That's wire 40 (orange) on the VSA module according to the book.

Are all 4 tires the same age and same mileage?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like the VSA system is freaking out and causing this issue as it controls the trans as well as the brakes for when you are skidding. DTC Code 61 on VSA system is low voltage IGN1 circuit which makes me think it can be a wiring issue to the VSA control unit. That's wire 40 (orange) on the VSA module according to the book.

Are all 4 tires the same age and same mileage?
I just had 2 tires replaced, but the other tires are different ages, but still in good shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.