Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eh all, I'm new to the MDX and the forum. I'm having an issue with my 09 MDX. The ABS VSA an SH-AWD lights are illuminated. My code reader shows 0 stored faults, 0 pending faults and 1 SH-AWD fault "4D-02 reserved". I can't find any info about this code. I've called Acura dealer and the code reader manufacturer, still nothing. I can clear the code but the lights stay illuminated and the code comes back after next drive. I've checked for blown fuses(none found), I've disconnected the battery, no joy.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Does your code reader work on the CAN BUS? Or is it limited to OBD-II?

You can view codes on the MDX navigation screen. I'd recommend pulling them to see if it gives you more information:

1. press & hold the "cancel", "map/guide", and "menu" buttons at the same time.
2. use the big dial to select "xm/hip"
3. select "xm/hip ECU"
4. select "diagnostic info"

Reactions: Greg B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Eh all, I'm new to the MDX and the forum. I'm having an issue with my 09 MDX. The ABS VSA an SH-AWD lights are illuminated. My code reader shows 0 stored faults, 0 pending faults and 1 SH-AWD fault "4D-02 reserved". I can't find any info about this code. I've called Acura dealer and the code reader manufacturer, still nothing. I can clear the code but the lights stay illuminated and the code comes back after next drive. I've checked for blown fuses(none found), I've disconnected the battery, no joy.
Any suggestions?
A few years ago m
Any suggestions?
A couple years ago my sh-awd light was on and I was so affraid I had transmission problems coming which would cost a fortune. Did the diagnostic and all it was was a litte wire and some engine temperature sensor that was out. Cost 25 bucks and sh-awd was back to all wheels with power and no more sh-awd light on the dash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts