Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! If you remember me, I did many posts about my 2006 MDX Touring's CEL and VTM-4 problem, which still happens intermittent currently, but now I have another issue. It's my Exclamation Triangle Mark and then eventually VSA light will follow. Good thing, I bought a code scanner that also can scan ABS code.

Following is what I got from my scanner.

84-01 ACURA ABS CODE:

1. IG1-2 open circuit
2. VSA Sensor neutral position not written
3. CAN Communication failure (Bus off)
4. Steering sensor input error
5. Steer angle sensor failure
6. Sensor logic failure
7. Target vehicle come closer than the multimeter radar detecting limits
8. Sensor 0 (Zero) position memorization incomplete
9. Sensor 0 (Zero) position not write.

Any ABS out there, please help! I'm completely clueless now.

As always, thanks in advance for any hints, leads, helps, etc...

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I'm not finding much in my manual on those codes (well, nothing really). I suspect there are major differences in the VSA design between my '04 and your '06.

That said, that's a lot of seemingly random-looking errors. Usually when that happens, it's more likely a common component like the ABS "brain" or similar "diagnostic clearinghouse". The "CAN Communications Failure" makes me think that it's a computer / cabling error. I think it would be very helpful to plug the car into a HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) computer to drill down deeper. I doubt you'll be able to do much with anything other than a Honda-specific diagnostic system. You can buy HDS clones for pretty much chump change, assuming you have a laptop that's compatible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.