Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting to see if the dealer I bought the TL from will match an internet discount (waive a fee and $300 worth of accessories). My biggest question is RedRock Pearl or Midnight Blue Pearl. :D

Other than that, can anyone tell me about the automatic headlamps. Will they also turn on the rear lights as well? Otherwise this is a useless feature as you still need to manually turn on the lights. Thanks. :confused:

I'm looking to order either the RRP or the MBP with Touring, Navigation, Towing, etc. I have dismissed the Honda Pilot due to the driving characteristics. At speed, it had a weird feel that the MDX/Touring did not exhibit. I think it was due to the tires/wheels being different. I also looked at the new 4Runner today. Just didn't fall for it as I did the MDX. I guess my off-roading days are officially over unless I keep my Pathfinder!

Thanks all for your valuable input. Should order this or next week.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Way to go, TopDog! You'll gonna love your X when you get it. As for my 2 cents, and because I'm just a little biased, I would choose the MBP over the RR. Because of the metallic flecks in the MBP, the color looks very rich. It's looks terrific in the rain, in the sun, at night . . . it just looks great! I'm very happy with it, if you decide on it, I think you will be, too. Let us know which color grabs you! :2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Any insight on whether or not the auto headlights control the rear lights? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
TopDog said:
...... can anyone tell me about the automatic headlamps. Will they also turn on the rear lights as well? Otherwise this is a useless feature as you still need to manually turn on the lights. Thanks. :confused:

Yes, auto on headlights also turn on the tail lights.

·
Registered
206 Posts
After seeing and following one for a few blocks (sorry if I wigged you out) my vote is for the MBP. It's just a sweet color. Unlike the RR the MBP is not as common a color as your see out there.

I'm sure (mbp) whatever color (mbp) you go with (mbp) you'll end up (mbp) enjoying.

All the best (mbp) to you and post pics (mbp) after you take (mbp) delivery.

·
Registered
207 Posts
DEFINITELY MIDNIGHT BLUE PEARL!!!! NO doubt about it, this is the color to get! I love this dark blue color sooo much, I have it on my '97 Integra (Adriatic Blue Pearl), and I convinced my dad to get Patriot Blue Pearl on his Town and Country. Midnight Blue Pearl is the MAIN reason (before I knew about all the improvements) that I waited for an '03 MDX, no kidding. I didn't even know if Acura was coming out with a dark blue color for '03, but I kept my hopes up and prayed!!!:4: So, in conclusion of my MBP soapbox, my vote goes for the most beautiful color an X can have....Midnight Blue Pearl. Oh, and GREAT decision on choosing an MDX!!!:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With a glowing recommendation like that.....

mauigrl721 said:
DEFINITELY MIDNIGHT BLUE PEARL!!!! NO doubt about it, this is the color to get! I love this dark blue color sooo much, I have it on my '97 Integra (Adriatic Blue Pearl), and I convinced my dad to get Patriot Blue Pearl on his Town and Country. Midnight Blue Pearl is the MAIN reason (before I knew about all the improvements) that I waited for an '03 MDX, no kidding. I didn't even know if Acura was coming out with a dark blue color for '03, but I kept my hopes up and prayed!!!:4: So, in conclusion of my MBP soapbox, my vote goes for the most beautiful color an X can have....Midnight Blue Pearl. Oh, and GREAT decision on choosing an MDX!!!:D
How could I go for any other color?????:2: But then again, my motorcycle is a candy apple red..... would clash if pulled on a trailer.... But I am a guy, so I have no sense of color or fashion. I am leaning toward the MBP! Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
topdog--
Good decision. You're right--candy apple red would clash with Redrock Pearl, only because they are slightly different shades. MBP would DEFINITELY go well with it, though! Good fashion sense....for a guy;) (from a girl:4: )

·
Registered
391 Posts
Re: Re: About to place order on '03 MDX, but...

BaldEagle said:
Yes, auto on headlights also turn on the tail lights.
There is also a green indicator on the dash to let you know that the headlights are on. The auto-on feature works much better than my RX300 & ES300. It is always to dark out before the Lexus's lights come on.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's one thing I wish would be improved upon for future Xs, the sensitivity of the auto headlights need to be adjustable, the lights don't come on until I feel it's too dark. I think of the importance of "being seen, not necessarily to see." (My 4Runner was totalled by another driver, "didn't see me" coming toward her! So I'm more than a little skittish now.) I find myself manually turning them on more times than not. :8:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Build date seems pretty far out

They are saying build date "somewhere" between Feb 14 and March 14....... :confused: I guess I see why many of the members here get antsy/impatient. I'll add myself to that list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts