Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do you find the Defenders at least as quiet as the Contis? Any differences noticed in driving characteristics? I'm close to changing mine (SH AWD) and am torn between Michelin and going OEM.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yeah it was a toss up between the Premiers and the Defenders in the end, but I haggled the Defenders down at America's Tire considerably during one of those Costco sales and also had an additional coupon from Michellin to boot. Ended up getting them for about $380 mounted and balanced and they are definitely MILES ahead of the OEM Contis.
May I ask what coupon is that? Price is sooo good.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
May I ask what coupon is that? Price is sooo good.
Yeah it was really just crazy that it even worked. The coupon/ rebate no longer exists but it was for parents. Gave us a little Michelin man plush toy too lol. But what happened was Costco ran the usual deal with instant money off the price of the tires and America's tire price matched the price after discount, but i was still eligible to file a rebate with America's tire too. Then that Michelin manufacturers rebate worked on top. I don't think I'll be ever able to duplicate it again lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Do you find the Defenders at least as quiet as the Contis? Any differences noticed in driving characteristics? I'm close to changing mine (SH AWD) and am torn between Michelin and going OEM.
Yeah they're just as quiet as the oems. Possibly even quieter when new.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am considering b/t Defender, Scorpion Verde(Pirelli) and Assurance maxlife(Good Year)
My conti lasted around 35k, I'm on scorpion verde 2, i had verde1 on my rx450, its not bad but heavy rain, same as all other tire, not too great in heavy rain. I bought verde2 because of better reviews, i couldnt find any v2 vs v1 info. Earlier in spring, they had $70 rebate

EDIT: on tirerack site, the 70 rebate is back, ends july 12

·
Registered
731 Posts
My conti lasted around 35k, I'm on scorpion verde 2, i had verde1 on my rx450, its not bad but heavy rain, same as all other tire, not too great in heavy rain. I bought verde2 because of better reviews, i couldnt find any v2 vs v1 info. Earlier in spring, they had $70 rebate

EDIT: on tirerack site, the 70 rebate is back, ends july 12
How is the verde 2 doing in heavy rain? Safety is my #1 concern.

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
756 Posts
Reading this thread I have to laugh. These Continentals seem to be horrible to me. Yesterday for the second time I had to have one repaired. These tires seem to attract every nail and screw in the road. Ran Yokahamas for years on my Suzuki and Ram dually with never a hint of a leak. These things, two in 18K miles. As a side note they do seem to be wearing OK. Still cant wait to replace them.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Reading this thread I have to laugh. These Continentals seem to be horrible to me. Yesterday for the second time I had to have one repaired. These tires seem to attract every nail and screw in the road. Ran Yokahamas for years on my Suzuki and Ram dually with never a hint of a leak. These things, two in 18K miles. As a side note they do seem to be wearing OK. Still cant wait to replace them.
I guess I never thought about blaming the tire for flats by nail. Maybe there are magnets in the tires.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How is the verde 2 doing in heavy rain? Safety is my #1 concern.
the same with any other car tire with heavy rain.. its good but dont go speeding through high puddle.. hydroplane.. feels exactly like any other tire over water

I had the tires for since 3/13.. it didn't have the loud sound like the first gen verde.. so far so good

41 - 51 of 51 Posts