Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you find the Defenders at least as quiet as the Contis? Any differences noticed in driving characteristics? I'm close to changing mine (SH AWD) and am torn between Michelin and going OEM.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah it was a toss up between the Premiers and the Defenders in the end, but I haggled the Defenders down at America's Tire considerably during one of those Costco sales and also had an additional coupon from Michellin to boot. Ended up getting them for about $380 mounted and balanced and they are definitely MILES ahead of the OEM Contis.
May I ask what coupon is that? Price is sooo good.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
May I ask what coupon is that? Price is sooo good.
Yeah it was really just crazy that it even worked. The coupon/ rebate no longer exists but it was for parents. Gave us a little Michelin man plush toy too lol. But what happened was Costco ran the usual deal with instant money off the price of the tires and America's tire price matched the price after discount, but i was still eligible to file a rebate with America's tire too. Then that Michelin manufacturers rebate worked on top. I don't think I'll be ever able to duplicate it again lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Do you find the Defenders at least as quiet as the Contis? Any differences noticed in driving characteristics? I'm close to changing mine (SH AWD) and am torn between Michelin and going OEM.
Yeah they're just as quiet as the oems. Possibly even quieter when new.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

41 - 45 of 45 Posts