Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time for an oil change at 15% so the A1 signal showed up. I'll wait till it hits 5% then change it myself. I ordered a couple of items from Bernardi for the job which will be delivered tomorrow. Yesterday when I turned the MDX on it suddenly registered A16 as being needed. The vehicle has 42,000 miles on it so I suspect it is time for the Rear Differential fluid change but today the MID went back to just the A1.
Do I wait for a solid A1 or A6 before doing the differential or just go ahead and getr done?
I do pull a 2800lb boat trailer a short distance on flat ground several times a week.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That’s odd. I haven’t seen it switch like that, before.

Normally I’d say to just do what the MID displays... however, I’d expect a “6” at ~45k... plus you tow... so I’d do the differential service.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Its about time for an oil change at 15% so the A1 signal showed up. I'll wait till it hits 5% then change it myself. I ordered a couple of items from Bernardi for the job which will be delivered tomorrow. Yesterday when I turned the MDX on it suddenly registered A16 as being needed. The vehicle has 42,000 miles on it so I suspect it is time for the Rear Differential fluid change but today the MID went back to just the A1.
Do I wait for a solid A1 or A6 before doing the differential or just go ahead and getr done?
I do pull a 2800lb boat trailer a short distance on flat ground several times a week.
Mine appeared to be the same as last time too, keep switching between A1 and A6 at around 53K.
I have a 2016 Model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts