Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my name is Halie I have joined this site to get help with my 2001 mdx. I've been having some jerking when it switches gears for a wile now. So the other day we went on a trip to gatlinburg about a hour or hour and a half drive there didn't have no problems then we went over the smokey mountains about a 30 min drive up steep roads. After that we went over the mtn down then turned around and came back over it again and down again and was heading home when the A/T temp light and check engine light came on before the lights came on my RPM was going up to 4 & 5 and not wanting to accelerate but was Reving high so we pulled over opened the hood I could tell it was hot by the smell no leaks and fluid was full we let the car cool down for a wile well the lights have went off and It has quit the Reving up its staying right now but I've got a harder jerk when it goes in reverse and I think 4th and 5th gears I am trying to find out if it's my tranny going out or if it could be the tranny cylenoids oh and sometimes when I put the car in reverse it won't go in gear I have to put it back in park and back to reverse again till it goes in gear please help don't want to have to replace the tranny if it's the cylenoids

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
That sounds like the dreaded transmission issue...
Do you have a check engine code? Usually it will pop a P0740 Meaning = Trans is dead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts