Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, if you stick your hand under the rim of your center console, you’ll feel the indentation - and then once you look, you‘ll see where the lights go. Same with the door pockets, you’ll see with the lights go and the clips are on the backside of the door panel. I haven’t actually had the trim off on the dash yet to verify fitment, but I can see where it fits in - shouldn’t be a problem.

I’ll try to take a lot of pics once I have the harnesses made and start taking it apart.
cool thanks i might just order all the light needed and splice them in parallel

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok i can see u got both on the dash next to the climate control, both on the center console (shifter console) and four for all 4 doors bottle holder, what about the bottom/second light on all four door panel (the one underneat the handle trim)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
@eLaRGie

Oh ok, glad you brought that up. So I haven’t sat in an Advance/Ultra to actually looked at that part, but from what I can tell, it’s part of the actual trim piece. Meaning if I wanted to have that lower light, I’d actually have to get the wood finish which has a designed channel to fit that light in - which the black wood finish is nice (part number doors; 08Z03-TYB-220 and dash; 08Z03-TYB-220A). But I really enjoy aluminum trim, so I’m just going to have to forego that bottom light on trim piece.

But if you wanted to fit those black wood pieces with that bottom light, you could totally do that with just two additional male connector donors.
true... its part of the wood finish trim.. but i really miss the center dash ambient lightning from my odyssey... should have come stock..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve got no one that sits back there, but easy enough to run a 10ft cable off the second USB A in the second row if someone is back there and needs it.

Random find though. I’ve seen MDX reviews claim that the 3rd row passengers get no vents in the 3rd row and therefore might be hot/cold. I did find a vent that runs under both 2nd row seats, so the 3rd row does get air flow back there lol.
yeah vent from the bottom, which is fine for me.. and i think cabin cool down pretty fast in my case.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts