Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I spliced into the footwell harnesses. Left footwell and lights on the left, right footwell for lights on the right.

here’s the part numbers for everything:

View attachment 121283
Thanks again for the part numbers. I am about to placing an order but I am going to do the dash and center console, skipping the door pocket light. Are those last two part numbers for the door pocket light?

·
Registered
31 Posts
34750-TFB-A51 is the door pocket

and order 2x 32755-TYA-A20 for the most connector donor (which is 4 donors each wiring)

if you do only console you'll need 5 connectors.
and you dont really need clips or screws you might have already some around
Thanks so much! another quick question, Chazzy J mentioned above that for the dash light, he spliced into the footwell harnesses, make sense to me. Where did you guys spliced the center console light into?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lmao. Guilty.

As I was pioneering this, I wasn’t sure what kind of power draw would be too much, so I tapped as @eLaRGie described above - left for left, right for right. I connected the dash and console harnesses together when I made the harness, so it’s just a single tap into each footwell for me and that powers both lights on their respective side.

@eLaRGie tapped a single footwell and all his lights power up just fine. No concern with power draw. The passenger side footwell is much more accessible than the drivers side - so that’s a good thing.

And again, as @eLaRGie mentioned, special note for the passenger side dash light - it has two connectors. So make sure you have 5 donor connectors for those 4 lights you’re installed. Good luck mate.
Thanks again! The wire doesn't look like long enough to connect to the footwell light, did you add another wire to make it long enough?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts