Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out of the swing of things on this site because of a new baby and new job and decided to check things out. I won't go on about how dishearting it is to read some of this back n forth, in fact I'm still not exactly sure how/why/what happened nor do I care to know. However I want to share a simple story with you today...

A good friend of ours had an in-law who was diagnosed with cancer about 2 years ago. Doctors gave him 6 months or less to live. He was married with 2 kids, both very young in age. They searched high and low for solutions, often traveling to far distances for any possible miracle.

He managed to survive way beyond what the doctors anticipated. However he passed on Friday, coincidening with the death of his own father. Throughout this process, he had a great disposition, always joking with the family down to the evening of his passing. He leaves behind two children, the youngest with no comphrension of life and death.

My point: there are things more important in life than what goes on in this board, I really hope you guys and gals remember that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That was well put and tasteful.
Thank you, ironchef.

My condolences on the death of your friend. It sounds like he was quite a guy.

Take care.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Sorry to hear that about your friend. It places things in perspective and shows how we should all count our blessings.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dear Ironchef,

My deepest condolences go out to you, your friends Wife and his 2 young kids, a story like this reminds us all that we are here, just for a short time and must appreciate life every day and pay attention to our loved ones and the people who care about you and pay less attention to the material things in life.

May he rest in peace!

John...

·
Registered
11,137 Posts
BIG JV said:
Dear Ironchef,

My deepest condolences go out to you, your friends Wife and his 2 young kids, a story like this reminds us all that we are here, just for a short time and must appreciate life every day and pay attention to our loved ones and the people who care about you and pay less attention to the material things in life.

May he rest in peace!

John...
Ditto!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts