Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reinstalling the motor and transmission in my 2003 MDX. The top motor mount by the power steering pump doesn't seem right. The bolt that goes through the middle of the motor mount and has quite a bit of play around the bolt. Could someone check there and see if that is normal or should I be looking to replace my motor mount. It's the long bolt that threads through the bracket and go through the center of the rubber mount. Bratcop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Its busted.. There should not be movement around the bolt.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Here is the front motor mount, new one on the way.... Thanks for the help.

Bratcop

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So to further my question and observations... The new mother mount has the same diameter through hole in the motor mount. The bolt is much smaller as you can see. Are they like this from factory or did p.o. leave out a bushing? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
There HAS to be a missing bushing. Your mounts look like the other ones I can find, and it's obvious the bolt itself can't be THAT much bigger (unless it's got a much bigger body and tapers down to the threads). I'd just look for a sleeve that's the right diameter and slide it in there. The easiest way to do that is to take the bolt and mount to a "good" Ace Hardware store (one with the huge rows of hardware) and just start poking around in the drawers until you find something you can make work. Home Depot has a much smaller selection that might get 'er done, too...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thought as well, but I've looked at all the exploded diagrams and have a fsm, by I don't see anything in any of them. Thought maybe the bolt draws the arms together onto the mount, idk. I'm not comfortable putting a bushing in unless someone shows me an image from a stock model. I would think they would just us a tighter fit in mount instead. I'll cross fingers and hope an Acura mechanic can give a definitive answer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts