Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my mdx about 1 week ago, 700 km's and my engine feels like it's about to die! Brought it into the dealership 3 times and they still haven't figured it out, now it's there again, but it seems like it's running on 2 cylinders now.. did anybody else get a messed up mdx??? Are there any solutions?? Dealership doesn't seem to know what's going on!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Well, there is one recent post, where a cylinder supposedly locked up, and the engine isn't running at all.
Your problem could be a lot things. The engine management system (computer) might be the first to come to mind.
Have you only one Acura dealer in Vancouver?
You aren't still driving it are you? I mean the dealer is still working on it? They should be!

·
Registered
87 Posts
This sounds like it could be a lemon law issue. I don't know what the Canadian lemon law states, but I believe in the US - three strikes for the same issue and you have a case.

Check the internet or a local lawyer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hate to tell you this, but that is how my MDX ran before it died (see my post "Very Serious Problems"). It always felt like the engine was "hesitating" while I was driving. I was told by the dealer that this was the ULEV engine trying to always shift into the highest gear. Doubtful. I suggest you keep on the dealer now before you find yourself in the unenviable position I am now in. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,

The dealership just hooked it up to the computer the first 2 times, and they said, they couldn't find any major problems. The only reason I go the the same dealership is cause I have 2 friends that work in service, 1 tech and 1 service advisor. Lucky for me, they both live a few blocks away, so I drove it to their house right after it started running really rough so they could take a look at it. They set me up with a courtesy car and now my X is back in service:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey jr8,

I don't know about the lemon law issue in Canada neither. But I don't know if mine counts cause they never actually did any work on my car the first 2 times. I'll wait till I get my car back and figure out what to do after that. Thanx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey janderson89,

I did read your post in Very Serious Problems before I posted my message. That's one of the reasons I freaked out and made sure service kept it for a few days. Have they fixed you X yet???? If they did, what exactly did they say? As much as I love my X, I really want a new one!!!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was going to suggest you two compare VINs, but if Donut's delivery was 1 week ago and Janderson's was 3 months ago, maybe it's pointless. Just wondering if it's possible that you two have X's that came off the line around the same time. :confused:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
donut said:
hey jr8,

I don't know about the lemon law issue in Canada neither. But I don't know if mine counts cause they never actually did any work on my car the first 2 times. I'll wait till I get my car back and figure out what to do after that. Thanx
If you brought it in and they did nothing, that should make applying the lemon law even more valid...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
donut said:
Just got my mdx about 1 week ago, 700 km's and my engine feels like it's about to die! Brought it into the dealership 3 times and they still haven't figured it out, now it's there again, but it seems like it's running on 2 cylinders now.. did anybody else get a messed up mdx??? Are there any solutions?? Dealership doesn't seem to know what's going on!!
Get them to replace the SUV or tell them you want a total refund. Speak with the regional manager or tell your salerperson that you want to speak with him, then you'll see some action!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what should i do about the 6000 $ worth of accessories that i put on? Think they'll put that on a new one if they actually replaced it?
Damn, what to do, just gonna wait and see if they can actually fix it and then take action from there.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
donut said:
what should i do about the 6000 $ worth of accessories that i put on? Think they'll put that on a new one if they actually replaced it?
Damn, what to do, just gonna wait and see if they can actually fix it and then take action from there.
I personally would not take the SUV with a replaced engine. First of all, the engine is going to be replaced by the dealer not the factory. Which in my opinion, is not the same there may be squeaks or little noises that will annoy you. I would insist on a new SUV with the same features. Speak with the Regional Manager he will do whatever makes you feel better. Don't let them operate on yur new MDX and accept delivery. Get a new one from the factory so you know what you have for peace of mind.!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DaleB said:
They have to fix it, they don't have a choice. so I would not rush to remove anything yet.
IF they are all Acura accessories, they would have to remove them to put on a new vehicle. You must have more than just Acura accessories, right?

nope, all my accessories r all from acura......fender flares and front bumper trim painted night hawk black, towing hitch, side moldings, sports bars, rear deflector, rear mud guards, wood meter panel, ash tray, cigarette lighter, cargo tray, tonneau cover, and seperation net

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
paul123 said:

I personally would not take the SUV with a replaced engine. First of all, the engine is going to be replaced by the dealer not the factory. Which in my opinion, is not the same there may be squeaks or little noises that will annoy you. I would insist on a new SUV with the same features. Speak with the Regional Manager he will do whatever makes you feel better. Don't let them operate on yur new MDX and accept delivery. Get a new one from the factory so you know what you have for peace of mind.!!!!!!!
well, im hoping that they don't end up replacing the engine cause then i would definatly take action, i think they're just trying to fix the problem first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts