Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He certainly was one of the greatest ever. May he rest in peace and God give his family the strength to carry on. We'll always remember you fondly President Reagan.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ditto. He turned the US around when it was most needed. Reagan restored the pride that Americans had in their country. He was deeply respected and well-liked north of the border as well. When he stepped down as President I missed seeing him on TV.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Sad day for us all, the passing of the last Statesman.
Reagan left a solid legacy, an example for future aspiring leaders in a free world.

·
Registered
58 Posts
200% agree. I had the distinct pleasure to meet President Reagan while serving in the Army and he visited the unit I was commanding on the West-East German border. A real leader regardless of his origins in movies; he knew how to make you feel that you were the most important person in the world while you were speaking with him. He also realized that true leadership is in selecting the best people and giving them the authority to get the job done and remove the barriers that try to inhibit that.

Thank you Mr. President and God Bless your family and our nation.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
AMEN! He will be missed... but it was time for him to go. Fading away with Alzheimer's is not living.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
frostyra said:
AMEN! He will be missed... but it was time for him to go. Fading away with Alzheimer's is not living.
I agree. I hope Nancy sees this as a blessing...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Reagan's presidency marked the beginning of the end of American politics (Nixon notwithstanding).

May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
For sure, he represented the US at some critical junctures in world history. I will always remember him best for his stature in difficult times, and a warm sense of humor. Neither quality we see very often.

He had suffered long enough, as has his family in losing his familiar presence all those years. Let's hope Nancy and those involved in supporting her work can find an end to the suffering that still plagues many others.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
This country will miss him and his honorable values.

Unfortunately, it seems there are few left with his candor, honesty, and integrity.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yep, Reagan is one of the best and may he rested in peace. One of my colleage is doing the design of Reagan museum with Air Force One in the building, will look great.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Good bye Mr. President and thank you for everything.

President Reagan was such an incredible president that years from now students will hopefully learn of his leadership and courage. In my lifetime, approx. 30+ years, he was our best president and second place isn't even close.

·
3,108 Posts
:29:

Attachments

·
3,108 Posts
:2:

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
He is really ...one for the GIPPER. The world will miss him.

·
Registered
311 Posts
We were fortunate to have had a countrty with him at the helm for so long.

He was a wonderful leader and a man of great convictions and the morality to make sure they were carried out appropriately.

I am glad that he is finally at peace after such a long fight.

He was one in a generation. He walked with Kings but never lost the common touch.

Case in point:
My Uncle had the fortune of meeting him a couple of times (once many years ago just after WWII when Reagan performed a play at a theatre where Uncle S. worked the bar. They shared a few (several) beers and went their separate ways.

35 or so years later, Uncle S. was one of the delegates from North Carolina in 1980 and went to the convention and later the inauguration.

Even after all those years, Ronald Raegan, just elected president of the United States after accomplishing so many other things, remembered my Uncle Sonny when he was introduced as one of the NC electors just after the swearing-in. It was a brief meeting, he was the president, after all, but it made a remarkable impact on Sonny. He expected to say, "You probably don't remember me, but we meet at..."
He did remember him, and jokingly said "Let's not talk about that night, OK?" (They had had a bit too much drink. I think sickness insued.) It obviously wasn't a canned, 'yeah, good to see you again' kind of things. Reagan actually did remember him (and the beer).

That's the sign of a remarkable leader. My Dad used to say that the best sign of a good leader was one who could "Walk with kings and not lose the common touch." I think my old man believes that the Great Communicator fit the bill.

Ronald Reagan was the true American dream, going from small town sports announcer to President of the United States. Not just any president but, one of, if not the, most influencial and accomplished in our century.

Rest in Peace, Gipper. After all you've accomplished, you deserve a rest.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
BaldEagle said:
This country will miss him and his honorable values....
Except for Reagan opposing the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the 1965 Voting Rights Act, the 1968 Fair Housing Act and a California ballot measure that outlawed racial discrimination in housing.
I personally wont miss those 'values'. I realize however that those policies did not affect most of America.... excellent politician

1 - 20 of 64 Posts