Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2002 MDX earlier this year and began to hear a quick squeak/whistling sound on a periodic basis after getting the 7500 service done by my dealer. By process of elimination I was able to determine that the sound only occurs when the air conditioning is on (when the car is idling or moving, doesn't matter). I've turned the air conditioning off for several days and the noise does not happen. I was able to produce the sound once on a test drive for my dealer technician, but they are not able to pinpoint the problem and just ask to keep the car longer to reproduce the sound. I even spoke to another dealer who thinks it might be a normal occurrence.
Any ideas on what to do?

I've searched the forums and knowledge base ('found whistling sound when ac is on' talks about a fitting which I can't find).
Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Give me a hint -- you mention a fitting, but I've searched every way I can think of and can't locate the post you're referencing. How 'bout finding it again and then highlighting and copying the phrase, then pasting it into another post. Then maybe I can say something intelligent!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that. Here's a link to the knowledge base issue about the fitting http://www.acuramdx.org/kb_item.php?id=42. Here's the original message:

1 .(by Pittmdx ) I had the same "problem" ... It happened right after I picked up vehicle from dealer for oil change. The solution is easy. Look under dash on passanger side. There is a little fitting which his easily dislodged by either "foot" or when vehicle is vacuumed. It just snaps back in place and problem is fixed! Resolution thanks to 24Blacker11. I 'fixed' the whistling sound by unsnapping the fitting. Bottomline, if you have the same problem, check the fitting. Snapping it on or off will fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts