Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 MDX and the A/C has been acting a bit off. The A/C doesn't cool until I set the thermostat down to around 67-68 degrees and then it work great. I live in Florida so the temperature and humidity is high. I assume there is a temperature sensor somewhere but I have not found it. Or could it be something else?

Any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance
Eastbayboy

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Do you hear a rattling or clicking sound from central dash area? If yes, then air mix (blend door) motor is likely source of problem. Accessible from behind dash on pax side. Worked on my 03 MDX.

There are several posts on this subject on the forum.

Also see video by froggy on youtube for similar repair on Lexus. Blend door on MDX is virtually identical. I tried to repair my motor but lost a tiny gear on floor.

good luck

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
There's something a bit "off" with those blend door motors. Mine was freezing up, so I pulled, cleaned and re-lubed it. Everything was fine until I tried to put it back together, at which point it was hanging up again. There was just too much drag between the case and one of the little plastic gears. The fix was a tiny little, thin washer between the gear and the case. Apparently there's enough flex in the case to accommodate the slightly bigger stack-up of the gear and washer, and now the blend door motor works just like it should. You can see if yours has this problem by pushing down against the plastic gear, and see if it's hard to rotate with your fingers. If it is, try a little washer under it to get some clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts