Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...new to the forum so hoping for a positive outcome here! My Blower plug has 12v power while testing disconnected from motor...when I plug in to motor I lose all voltage to plug... I have replaced resistor,blower motor, checked all fuses and connections and I'm coming up a blank... any ideas??? Thanks

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Sounds like a high-resistance connection somewhere - or "ghost voltage" coming into the circuit from somewhere else, but not capable of supplying any real current. I'd suggest plugging in the motor, and tracing backward through the circuit until you find out where you're losing the voltage.

Likely suspects are the blower motor relay, fuse #58 (in the under-hood fuse box).

The fan motor resistor (and associated control circuitry) is connected on the ground side of the fan motor, but if you're losing 12 volts to the positive side, that is unlikely to be your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking time to reply!!
It is the ground that I'm losing when I plug the motor in... so that is what I'm tracing now... so your advice helps reassure me I'm working The right direction...
On a side note... the compressor also stopped working about the same time.. IT is low so I need to add some gas there.. but the question would be,,, I know it shouldn't affect the blower... but have you ever seen the blower NOT work due to compressor failure?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I should've also added that if I jump out the clutch relay it DOES engage...if I jump out the blower relay, I get nothing from the blower.
Just trying to add in all the variables while we're brain storming here!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Don't think there's any connection between your compressor and blower motor, at least not on the ground side (which is where you have a problem - though your original post said the problem was on the +12V side, so anything's possible I suppose). Either one (or more) of the components you put in are bad, or you have a bad ground, or a bad climate control unit or wiring to the CCU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts