Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my car off, the A/C fan still blows, I can manually shut it off by pressing the off button, but it is not automatically turning off anymore. Any ideas? I tried shutting it off opening and closing the door, and even locking it with the key fob, but it stays on unless I manually press “off”.

2012 MDX Technology package with Navi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I turn my car off, the A/C fan still blows, I can manually shut it off by pressing the off button, but it is not automatically turning off anymore. Any ideas? I tried shutting it off opening and closing the door, and even locking it with the key fob, but it stays on unless I manually press “off”.

2012 MDX Technology package with Navi.
Did you find a solution? My MDX started doing the same thing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find a solution? My MDX started doing the same thing
Well here it is in September of Covid-19, I mean 2020 and my girl just did the same thing to me. Any word on wtf is going on?
When I turn my car off, the A/C fan still blows and the control display stays on - for 7 minutes - then shuts off? As noted, I can manually shut it off by pressing the off button. Has anyone found a solution??? It appears to be a program issue - not a relay issue. Everything works fine - it just does not turn off with the ignition switch. Keeps running and draining the battery for 7 minutes them off

·
Registered
2007 MDX
27 Posts
I replaced the relay and it started acting as it should and to the day has presented no other issues.
My apologies for the lack of knowledge shared, been a long six months since the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the relay and it started acting as it should and to the day has presented no other issues.
My apologies for the lack of knowledge shared, been a long six months since the issue.
Thanks for the post and idea, unfortunately, even with the relays pulled the display still shows "FAN on" of course with the relays out the fans are off. Then after exactly 7 minutes, it shuts off automatically.
My original question persists
When I turn my car off, the AC/FAN display stays on and the A/C fan still blows - for exactly 7 minutes - then it automatically shuts off, right at the 7-minute mark? I can manually shut it off by pressing the off button. Has anyone found a solution??? It appears to be a program issue - not a relay issue. Everything works fine - it just does not turn off with the ignition switch for 7-minutes. Display stays on and fans keep running and draining the battery for 7 minutes the off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.