Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2001 MDX: COMPUTER SCREEN CONTROLS REAPPEARED THIS WINTER AFTER I REPLACED THE BATTERY AND THE MAIN CABLE LAST SUMMER HERE IN NORTH FLORIDA, THE SCREEN HAD NOT WORKED OR BEEN SEEN FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. MAYBE THE LACK OF HUMIDITY WITH THE NEW CABLE CONNECTION CAUSED IT TO COME BACK TO A VERY FADED LIFE. IT THEN DISAPPEARED AGAIN AFTER A FEW WEEKS AND WE'VE MANAGED TO GET THE AIR CONDITION WORKING AGAIN. AT ONE TIME IT WAS BLOWING HOT AIR OUT OF THE FRONT VENTS AND ICE COLD AIR OUT OF THE BACK SEAT UNIT.

LOTS OF GREMLINS AT WORK...............WELCOME ANY INPUT JUST DONT WANT TO PUT ANY MONEY INTO OUR WORK MDX GIVEN ITS ALMOST 20 YEARS OLD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2003 Acura Mdx, that had the same issue. The AC controls for Mode, Fan speed, and outside temp, were blank, and occasionally flicker on and off. I have searched everywhere for a solution. Well, I went online and found that a local pick and pull had three similar MDXs. So, I was able to find a used NAV screen, two climate control units, and NAV DVD player (under passenger seat). I swapped the CCU and no luck, then swapped the NAV touchscreen and BAM! it worked. I spent $60 in used parts, but our MDX has had this problem for three years. Good luck out there and hope my findings help others. Shame on Acura for making the Climate controls only inside a touchscreen.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts