Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rec'd a notice re this recall, which explains if bolt comes loose, can detach and fall and strike other vehicles, or something to that effect (don't have literature with me).

Has anyone rec'd the same?? If so, has anyone had the work done? Do they go through engine compartment, or is it done from in cabin?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I received the notice but haven't had it done yet. The A/C clutch/pulley is in the engine bay.

There's already another thread on this bolt recall. Someone mentioned they had it done.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I just rec'd a notice re this recall, which explains if bolt comes loose, can detach and fall and strike other vehicles, or something to that effect (don't have literature with me).

Has anyone rec'd the same?? If so, has anyone had the work done? Do they go through engine compartment, or is it done from in cabin?
How would they even go through the cabin? The last post on this subject was on the 8th of August. All the info you need is there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
This is such an easy repair, the service department insisted not to take a loaner, because by the time I get home the car will be ready. I waited, and as stated above, it was a very quick turn around time. No big deal at all.

·
Registered
230 Posts
just had it fixed last friday. That along with the engine shroud clips (again) as some clips fell off causing it to make the noise again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all!!! Elvis, as you can see, I don't know Jack about the vehicle, and was not sure if they would go in from under the console where it blows the air......and I suck with this forum and wasn't sure how to search specifically for the issue!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Thank you all!!! Elvis, as you can see, I don't know Jack about the vehicle, and was not sure if they would go in from under the console where it blows the air......and I suck with this forum and wasn't sure how to search specifically for the issue!!!
No problem. On this forum,we know things before the dealers do. So if you receive a recall or a tsb service bulletin. You can be pretty sure that we are already talking about it. Same thing with most problems. With the 3rd gen out for 3 years,most likely someone has already seen the problem.

·
Registered
230 Posts
elvisfan is right, funny but sad. I've walked in and said, "my car is making a noise that i'd like to get fixed." After explaining the issue, they say they haven't heard the issue before. I then show them the TSB, and look at me and said, "where did you get this? We haven't even seen this yet"...then I point them to this forum...

happened with the placement of the inspection sticker messing with my LKAS camera. They were ready to tear apart the camera, etc. I saw others running into the issue on this forum, so I said "humor me and try this first, before you tear my brand new car apart". In 5 mins, the problem was fixed. They thanked me for saving a bunch of time and labor, and said they would put it in the system, so they knew going forward and would forward it on to the Acura "help desk".

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yeah sadly most SAs don't even check for TSBs. They just kind of know them if they've encountered them before, or if the SM posts them for the SA staff. The only thing SAs check for is if the VIN pops up with anything, which usually only displays SAFETY RECALLS and PRODUCT UPDATES. The rest, you have to present the problem and then they go looking for possible TSBs that address it. For those of us without a subscription to the maintenance site, we just have to keep plugging in the next sequence of the TSB URL until something pops up or if one of you fine folks posts it.

So yeah... frustrating. Automotive manufacturers try to shed as much liability and risk as possible. Only way to make them respond is to be the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts