Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my A/C blows hot air out of the forward vents with the temperature setting at 75. I have observed this with outdoor temps in the 50's and 60's but have not driven it enough to pay attention if in the 70's. I do not have it set for automatic and have the rear turned off. Front sides are synchronized and fan is on low. I have it blowing to the front vents and/or legs. Is this normal? Does it use the outside temperature to think it knows what I want on the inside, even though automatic is not enabled?

·
Registered
68 Posts
With the settings you described, the A/C is really just removing moisture from the air being blown into the cabin. If your setting is 75 then it will blow 75 degrees and feel warm since the outside temp is lower. When using the auto setting, you select your desired temp and the hvac system should adjust to heat/cool, which vents are being used and adjust the fan speed without further intervention from you As the cabin nears the pre-set temp, vents may change and the fan speed may slow down.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If you have it set at 75 then you're going to get 75 degree air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.