Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 MDX is throwing the P1454 code (by itself, which is nice). I would like to replace it myself, but don't have time for a week. Would there be any harm in light daily driving for a few days before I can actually get the time to replace the sensor?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. I guess that it might be prudent to stop after a few minutes to see if there is any unusual pressure building in your gas tank by removing the gas cap. If not, I doubt you're going to hurt anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Habbyguy. I just replaced the sensor and still getting the check engine light. Think I'll check and see what code is being generated now as a next step.....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Sounds like a good idea.

The evap systems are (IMHO) far too complicated for the slight amount of benefit they might actually provide. Solenoids, valves, carbon canisters, special gas caps, and a couple miles of tubing. I'd bet more gas is spent driving around trying to get the systems working than they ever prevent from evaporating into the atmosphere! ;-)

Fixing an evap system often involves a voodoo ceremony and sacrificing a couple goats, so be prepared... ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts