Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Acura in to fix a broken console switch that was broken when I got the car a year ago. It is a $600 switch.

They gave me a loaner 2019 RDX.

My first problem was half way home, it said the fuel level was low, so I stopped to put in some gas. I could not figure out how to open the outside fuel door. I had to call the dealer, they had me look several places but finally said you just touch the outside fuel door and it opened.

Next I went to turn off the car and hit the Start/Stop button. Nothing seem to happen. Finally I figured out the car was already placed in park and the engine turned off. The radio continues to play until I opened the car door to get out.

Next, I could not figure out how to start the radio. Finally I pushed the voice button on the steering wheel and said “Turn on radio to Fox News”. It worked.

Next, I stopped at Lowes and went to walk away from the car and expect it to lock. It did not. Then I looked for the button on the door knob and did not see it. Finally I just touched the top of the outside door handle and it looked.

I did like:
1. The touch pad to make choices for the screen.
2. The use your foot to open/close the back hatch.
3. The radio continues to play when you turn the car off, until you open the door.
4. The Heads Up Display with your Speed MPH and the Speed Limit MPH.

I did not like:
1. The acceleration from a stop was super low compared to my Hybrid MDX that just jumps from a start.
2. The car was about the same length as my MDX when put into the garage.

This was only after about ½ hour of driving home from the dealer.
Most of these differences was because I was used to my 2018 MDX Hybrid and I expected it to be similar.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Yeah since the Hybrid MDX is the actual "Performance" Model of the MDX is hard to compare with the RDX.. But to us base MDX owners the difference in acceleration is pretty considerable.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I had a few 19 RDX loaners and it was a little bit of a learning curve when you first jump in. I pretty much sat there for 5 minutes and had a dumb look on my face as I started pushing buttons to figure out how to set everything. I wish my 19 MDX had the same seats, HUD, Pano sunroof, and sound system with speaker grill covers. The new RDX LED headlights are very cool looking also.

Things I didn't like was the rough start/stop with engine and a little noisy comming from the rear.

Probably purchase an RDX in a few years if they have a Type-R or Type-S version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts