Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My service is coming up and I have been calling a few dealerships about prices. As stated in other posts, the prices vary. I am just wondering what you guys paid and that if you used an alternative, i.e Honda, personal mexhanic, self, ...

Here are some prices I did get:

Hopkins - $170 (including VTM)
Concord - $210.95 (w/o VTM according to the woman on the phone)
Pleasanton - $216 (includes VTM)
Lasher - $175 (includes VTM)

Is this about right for those of you who went to one of these? Is $170 reasonable for this area?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Concord was $190, including VTM (and accounting for the 10% AAA discount). Person on the phone obviously mistaken since VTM is required @ 7500.

Look over the "7500 service menu" carefully. Windsheild washer fluid ($2), injector cleaner ($9.50), oil conditioner ($8.50) are bundled in there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
TheWorm said:
Concord was $190, including VTM (and accounting for the 10% AAA discount). Person on the phone obviously mistaken since VTM is required @ 7500.

Look over the "7500 service menu" carefully. Windsheild washer fluid ($2), injector cleaner ($9.50), oil conditioner ($8.50) are bundled in there.
Worm -

Do you know of a good Acura repair shop in the Concord area? Or, failing that, in the Danville / San Ramon area?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
stumpie said:

Worm -

Do you know of a good Acura repair shop in the Concord area? Or, failing that, in the Danville / San Ramon area?
My only experience is with Concord. They are mediocre. They're friendly and on-time, but they run out of loaners early (so you have to wait for Enterprise) and they don't always fix warranty items on the first try.

Just be sure to whack the a la carte garbage from the service menu so you don't pay to learn, like I did. I'm actually doing all scheduled maintenance myself since that experience.

Pleasanton is your only other east bay alternative, really. I think mdxxxx likes Oakland.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Worm - thx for the reply......shoulda been more precise in my question...what I meant to ask was about non-Acura dealer shops. After close to $300 for the 15k service at Concord Acura (and I provided the oil/filter) I'm moving on....have found two Acura centric shops that might be promising thus far in the area: Precision Auto Repair in Pleasanton and the Service Outlet in San Ramon & Lafayette. The Service Outlet charges $210 for the 15K....

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Stumpie,

Ah, now I get it. Sorry, no recommendations on that front. Another alternative to consider and check prices is Walnut Creek Honda. We had several years worth of Accords serviced there and they've been good. I've bought some parts that I needed immediately or stuff that Tim won't ship (fluids) from them for significantly le$$ than Acura.

WC Honda can do the scheduled maintenance but not warranty work.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
TheWorm said:
...Pleasanton is your only other east bay alternative, really. I think mdxxxx likes Oakland.
I'm actually likewarm on Oakland. I like the convienence, however, I don't get as good a deal on prices as I used to. My 15k is due, and I'm going to try the Honda dealership in Oakland.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts