Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have posted something similar before, but it's been a while so I thought I would try again. On the highway at constant speed in top gear, my 2014 AWD MDX develops a whine/whistle beginning at about 73 MPH. It sounds strange, but it has been a constant irritation. I thought I read somewhere about a transmission gear lash problem - the noise I hear is definitely coming from the front part of the car/under the hood. It goes away when I take my foot off the gas or if I slightly accelerate, but comes right back at pretty much any constant speed above 73 mph. Anyone else have this issue, and just as importantly- has anyone been successful in getting it fixed? The one time I took it in for this the Tech reported that it was part of the radiator shroud vibration/buzzing (wrong) , but I haven't taken the car back since because I feel it's going to be a 'we don't hear anything' response unless I can produce some other kind of documentation. Thanks for any info you have.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
There's lots of things that it could be so I am not going to lead you down the wrong path by throwing out guesses. But as long you can consistently reproduce the issue, a competent technician should be able to figure it out. And if they can't, find another dealer and hopefully there's a decent one in the next bunch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts