Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, it can be done. I'm 5'6" medium built and I can sit in the 3rd row. I just had to move the 2nd row a little forward to have more knee room. Just as long you don't have an NBA player sitting on the 2nd row. I can probably sit there for 3 hours or so on long drives with additional seat cushion to raise the seats a little bit.

That's one of the things I liked about the MDX. And it's Easy to get into the 3rd row too with that push button access. I just wish they made the 3rd row reclineable too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
The other day I had 8 adults in our MDX. Three people in the back seat and two of them were over six feet tall. We drove like this for about 25 minutes, we were going to a birthday event so everyone was drinking beforehand except my pregnant wife and we only had one sober driver so we made it work with 8 of us in the car for the short drive.

You have to move the second row up as far as you can

It can be done!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The other day I had 8 adults in our MDX. Three people in the back seat and two of them were over six feet tall. We drove like this for about 25 minutes, we were going to a birthday event so everyone was drinking except my pregnant wife haha

You have to move the second row up as far as you can

It can be done!!
You had 8.5 people in the car and you were drinking? You really shouldn't advertise this.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let's be real, if you need room for 7 or 8 adults, buy a minivan. The MDX is sporty SUV, the 3rd row is really for kids. You can't have it all people.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've had 7 in our MDX. Mind you, two of the passengers were kids, but they were in car seats (which themselves take up a good amount of space). Two of the smaller adults were in the third row of a two hour drive, but they had no complaints.

I agree that vehicles like the MDX aren't the best solution when it comes to transporting 6+ adults on a regular basis or for long drives. The third row seats are good and come in handy when a group doesn't want to take a second car somewhere for a short drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's be real, if you need room for 7 or 8 adults, buy a minivan. The MDX is sporty SUV, the 3rd row is really for kids. You can't have it all people.
We only have 1 teenager at home and need the 3rd row for short drives when we pick up the grandparents to go to dinner about 4 times a year. My husband and I tested it at the dealer and we both fit in the 3rd row just fine. Since it worked for us, we bought it!! No more mini vans for us! Although I do have to say, it will be an adjustment! lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts