Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer told us that the next scheduled service (60K) is going to run $3000. :surprise:

Does that sound right?

(Vehicle runs great; all miles are long-distance highway miles.)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wonder what type of “service” since it might be worth ) $3,000. My 2014 MDX has 66K and all I have been asked about are all fluid changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked up the maintenance schedule -- which is very confusing, by the way. Do you think they are wanting to replace the timing belt? I've never had a vehicle that needed that done at 60K miles. And $3000 seems outrageous even then.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Did you ask them what services that included? (And if not, why not?)

At 60k on a 2015 I’d expect:

Brake fluid, if not done in last 2 years.
Rear differential fluid, if not done in last 30k miles.
Engine oil+filter, if indicated by MID.
Engine air filter, if not done in last 30k miles.
Cabin air filter, if not done in last 30k miles.
Transmission fluid, if not done in last 30k miles.
Transfer case fluid, if not done in last 30k miles.

This should be less than $750, even at dealership prices.

DIY you’d be under $300, I think.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I'm sure that cost is way out of line one way or the other. Check with the dealer to see what they're stating needs to be done at this '60K service'. They must be including the timing belt and water pump to even think about a cost that high.

I did find this in the owner's manual (2014 MDX) referring to the timing belt replacement. You can decide if it applies to you -

If you drive regularly in very high temperatures (over 110°F, 43°C), in very low temperatures (under
-20°F, -29°C), or tow a trailer, replace every 60,000 miles/100,000 km.
Regardless, even if you decide you're due for replacement of the belt due to the above, check the cost at another dealership as a sanity check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts