Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching but no luck, so seeking out for your help.

I'm at 60k on my MDX. I plan on doing Brake fluid, Tranny fluid, differential fluid flush. Already took care of engine and cabin air filters. Any other things I need to do, or do I not need any of the services I've listed? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
896 Posts
You don't mention the year of your X, so I'm assuming 2014 or newer and that you aren't at the 7 year point where you should consider the timing belt based on age rather than miles.

I believe you named everything other than the transfer case. Wouldn't hurt to run a bottle of SeaFoam through a tank of gas to keep the injectors/fuel system clean.

·
Registered
962 Posts
While doing the brake fluid flush, inspect the pads for even wear and remaining life. If you drive in an area where salt is used in Winter, lubricate the caliper slides and the area of the brake pads that contact the caliper frames.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not much you need to do but depending on your climate you may need to do more or less than fluid changes.

I’d also turkey baster the power steering fluid and add new fluid a few times

Check your serpentine belt - it may need to be replaced. Mine showed signs at 60k so I replaced it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't mention the year of your X, so I'm assuming 2014 or newer and that you aren't at the 7 year point where you should consider the timing belt based on age rather than miles.

I believe you named everything other than the transfer case. Wouldn't hurt to run a bottle of SeaFoam through a tank of gas to keep the injectors/fuel system clean.
it's 2011, sorry!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not much you need to do but depending on your climate you may need to do more or less than fluid changes.

I’d also turkey baster the power steering fluid and add new fluid a few times

Check your serpentine belt - it may need to be replaced. Mine showed signs at 60k so I replaced it.
Sweet. Thanks! I'm in Atlanta, GA. not much snow at all, so no worries on the rusting. I will check the belt and the steering fluid! Thanks all!

·
Registered
896 Posts
it's 2011, sorry!
At that age it's time to consider getting the timing belt done based on age (105K miles or 7 years) rather than miles. Heat can be a factor more so than mild temps, so if you are in Atlanta that means you get far more hot days per year than the northern half of the US. I see many here saying the full service typically done with the timing belt is $2-2,500 at the dealer, but you can buy the Aisin kit (only parts most would consider next to OEM) on Rock Auto for $180. In addition to the timing belt that gives you the water pump, tensioner, & idler pulley. It is also recommended to do the coolant and spark plugs at the same time. With a bit of researching and finding a good independent that specializes in Honda/Acura or a dealer tech that likes to do side work it can be realistic to get that work done for less than 1/2 what the dealer typically charges.

Reactions: allstock
1 - 7 of 7 Posts