Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got financing approval for my upcoming "X" purchase this coming month. I got 5.2% from ocsavings.com. Just thought I'd share for those that might also be in the market.

:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
FYI . . .

I took delivery of my 'X on June 4 and got 5.59% from American Honda and only had to put 15% down. I know 5.2 is lower, but how much down do they require?

Financing thru Acura is so much more convenient since you don't have to deal with getting them a check for the balance and if you have a trade-in, you can get it all done at one time. I was already prequalifed for 5.75, but Acura beat it.

Of course it all depends on your credit score and not everyone may qualify, but it's worth asking the Q. :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yaron2 said:
I just got financing approval for my upcoming "X" purchase this coming month. I got 5.2% from ocsavings.com. Just thought I'd share for those that might also be in the market.

:2: :2: :2:
you might want to check with the finance dept before you take delivery about this dot-com offer... we originally had low apr offer from peoplefirst.com but the finance dept won't take the blank check from any dot-com company.... we finally had to use a higher apr offer from a community credit union....

just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: Re: 5.2% Financing Rates!!!

jj_mdx said:

you might want to check with the finance dept before you take delivery about this dot-com offer... we originally had low apr offer from peoplefirst.com but the finance dept won't take the blank check from any dot-com company.... we finally had to use a higher apr offer from a community credit union....

just my 2 cents...
PeopleFirst is a very reputable company. Besides, to my knowledge, they are not just a dot-com.

If your dealer gave you a run-around, it's your fault for allowing it to happen :(

The worst a dealer can insist on doing is wait a day or 2 for the check to clear.

BTW, a heads-up to anyone interested - PeopleFirst teamed up with Costco (requires membership) to offer a few points off their regular online interest rates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my X from Sterlling Mccall Acura in Houston on 5/31. I got 4.89% APR through them. They got my financing from Chase Bank.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Still can't beat Home Equity

That at 4.75% for up to 30 years, and can make an interest only payment for the first 10 years if you like. I just taylor the payment for however long I want to pay off. To top that off, the interest is tax deductable!!!!! One catch you have to be a home owner. There's even no fee's attached at all if you go directly to a bank.
I've even heard of prime 4.75% minus a .50% for the like of loan in certain states.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 5.2% Financing Rates!!!

vip9 said:

PeopleFirst is a very reputable company. Besides, to my knowledge, they are not just a dot-com.

If your dealer gave you a run-around, it's your fault for allowing it to happen :(

The worst a dealer can insist on doing is wait a day or 2 for the check to clear.

yeap, peoplefirst is acturally assoicated or part of FirstUSA, which is one of the biggest nameplate in financial industry... :4: the only reason i took the CCU offer instead of argueing with dealer for hours was that the difference between peoplefirst's apr and CCU's apr was minimum....

and i didn't want to wait any more to drive home my mdx...:D

the bottom line: shop around and arm yourself with a couple of offers before you go into the finance dept....

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 5.2% Financing Rates!!!

jj_mdx said:

yeap, peoplefirst is acturally assoicated or part of FirstUSA, which is one of the biggest nameplate in financial industry... :4: the only reason i took the CCU offer instead of argueing with dealer for hours was that the difference between peoplefirst's apr and CCU's apr was minimum....

and i didn't want to wait any more to drive home my mdx...:D

the bottom line: shop around and arm yourself with a couple of offers before you go into the finance dept....
Try the major savings banks within your state, alot are competiting for business with good rates on auto loans especially new auto's. Independance saving in New York used to have great deals. If you own a home or condo go for the equity at prime and tax deductable, can't go wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts