Votes: 46 12.8%
  • $1000 - $3000 under MSRP

Votes: 54 15.1%
  • $3000+ under MSRP

Votes: 73 20.4%

4th Gen Price

219K views 875 replies 261 participants last post by  Drewawell05 
#1 ·
2022 MDX is on sales starts 2/2/2022. Let's get a poll of sale price.

If you purchase/order one, please included trim and dealer location.

If it is over MSRP, was it unwanted accessories included on the MDX?

#2 ·
I was hoping for the 5500 financing discount but I guess I was being naive. The loan apr was 1.9 so below a "standard" rate and sightly subsidized from their perspective.

Any thoughts on when this will drop? I assume it will only be 7kish over the 2020 at some point.

#4 ·
not to bad for the "fresh" product.

#10 ·
For those interested in leasing, from the Edmunds forum, while the moderators don't seem to have incentive information, folks are posting that residual is in the low 60s. Residual on 2020 vehicles in the low 50s. The higher residual results in lower lease payments. However, the 2020 also had good incentives (mine in March 2020 was $8k plus loyalty. Posters are also reporting discounts from msrp in negotiating the capital cost of the 2022.

#13 ·
atlanta-area dealers try to play hardball (as they did with the TLX), but soften fast. also I didn't want white, which appears to be a popular initial build.
I had to push to get full value for a trade (2019 car in perfect shape with 12k miles), but ultimately got it.
$3k off including the rebate; I didn't do as well as others.

#19 ·
IMHO - You dont get a deal like that. Take an unofficial quote from dealer X, tell dealer Y what they can do and let them fight for your business. As much as I want to share my bill of sale…It is unfair to the dealership to sell each car at that price point

#20 ·
Yeah one manager said people whom did what you did posting they got a great deal and such are usually to start drama, I don't know if you are or not but sharing a bill would help others negotiate and you not posting one seems fishy as it doesn't affect you nor the dealer, if the dealer doesn't want to sell they don't have to.

#26 ·
All,

We like everyone to get the best deal, but please stick with the thread. Just share your purchase experience (purchase price, dealer location, etc.), but not into detail such as personal information, purchase paperwork, etc. on the public forum.

Two individual person goes to same dealer will received two different offer price. Buyer has opinion to accept, continue negotiate or walk away.

Best luck on the purchase.

#27 ·
For what it's worth, you can walk-in at the end of a month, a slow selling week, or simply have great negotiating skills and get a special pricing. I believe in that, although I never experienced it for myself.

Most deals I signed in the past 15 years I negotiated by email having multiple dealers send competing quotes. I do not get the absolute hands-down best deals, but I am good with knowing I gave it my best effort and negotiated the price I was willing to pay.

That said, my last purchase experience was a bit different. After starting the usual route, I ended up contacting a broker who got me the pricing no other dealer in my area could match, a broker fee included. Brand new, not a loaner. Reputable dealership. Easy transaction.

Just food for thought.

#29 ·
We are still in the first month of released. Dealer inventory is still low, so I don't think it would be easy to get 10% off MSRP. Good luck on your searching/pricing.

#33 ·
ok, yes you technically bought it for a good price, good for you. However I’m wondering if it’s skewed by you either knew a manager orI can’t tell if you had a trade in. If you did have a trade it they tend to move numbers around.

What city was that purchased from because I don’t know if any dealers that are taking much off.

#38 ·
@kk07 - We're also in Canada and are looking at the A-Spec as well. We haven't sat down to have a serious chat about the numbers but our sales rep is currently offering $1,500 off the MDX and he won't charge us the $500 for whichever paint color we want.

I've read in a lot of places that brand new models that have just come out normally don't have any incentives. I'm just wondering how you got them to take so much more off? I'm with Kc2021 in wondering if there was a lot of games involved or was it way more straight forward by just asking for a certain number you had in mind?

Last question, did you get 4225 off PLUS a set of winter tires? Did you finance or lease, did you have a trade in? Etc...

We hope to buy one very soon and this is our first Acura so your reply will be really helpful.

Thanks.

#44 ·
We purchased one this weekend. We went with the A-Spec. As previously mentioned in one of my replies, we have very few dealerships in my area so we weren't able to bounce dealers between each other. I wish we could have.

Please note I'm in Ontario, Canada so prices are in CND.

We got $1000 off from Acura even if we weren't already Acura owners. We were able to get $1500 off the SUV + another in $500 off by not having to pay the $500 paint charge. We also got the wheel nuts, anti-theft package + keyfob replacement thrown in (we didn't want it but in the end they included it anyways, I figure they thrown in those packages often so I didn't consider it a big win). So around $3000 off MSRP and then another ~$625 in other "stuff". We're pretty sure there was likely more to get and we slightly regret not pushing harder but at the same time we realized it's a brand new model so they have no incentive to do better. So maybe not the greatest deal compared to some others on here but at the price we got it at it fit our budget so no complaints I guess.

It's our first Acura and first MDX so I'm hoping it will turn into a good choice.

I hate this negotiation "game" so much.

Anyways, just wanted to share.

#45 ·
Frustrating situation in the northern MA/NH area. Five dealers around me have a total of over 30 (!) 2022 MDX's in stock in various trims (including at least a half dozen Advance, which is what I'm after), and not a single one will break MSRP at all. Even the dealer with the most stock won't budge $1. This can't hold up, can it? I mean I could see if they were flying off the lots but...

#52 ·
I’m seeing roughly $700 below MSRP in the Carolinas (then additional $1k for owning an Acura already). I agree this is frustrating. Happy to have found this forum though, it’s very helpful to see what others are seeing. Would like to be a first time MDXer sooner than later, but thinking maybe Memorial Day might bring some sales and the 2020s will be mostly gone by then.

#57 ·
The Acura brand and the MDX specifically both set record sales numbers for the month of March, so Acura is high on their own success. As with many fresh / new models, the demand is high while a limited supply trickles into dealerships. Prices with normalize this summer. There are too many quality SUV alternatives for the MDX to continue selling at MSRP.

#56 ·
been asking around 2022 MDX A-spec and Advance trim in north California here, dealers are giving MSRP or a few hundreds off by email inquiry, saying the MDX is selling fast and Acura cannot keep up with the production. Will wait till summer or consider other brands instead.