• $1000 - $3000 under MSRP

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • $3000+ under MSRP

Votes: 9 15.5%
141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I placed a deposit 4 weeks ago and took delivery on 09/03/2021. I paid MSRP after contacting several dealerships. In the past I paid a little over invoice for most of my vehicles. Due to the pandemic I had limited options. One dealership had a $1,600 mark-up, pre-installed overpriced accessories and would not negotiate the OTD price. Crazy times but this could become the norm for the next year or more.
Motorjockey, Yes Me Too. Located in Westchester county, NY , I was initially contacted by a Reach Out Letter form my 2019 MDX dealer. Acura was offering the $1K Customer Loyalty $$$ , so I started to review the new 2022 MDX on line . Looked numerous reviews on YT. I looked at YT videos that offered as little Propoganda I could find. All have Highlt rated and in fact, declared this the No. 1 SUV now and is a terrifci value over the X5 (Prestige package required), Q7 (the same), MB (with the same TOL packages), and Volvo XC90 (with the same equipment ). The competitors cost Thousands more... So, now I start my due diligence / shopping . I am and always have been a shopper / researcher of the products that I buy , especially cars. I visited the 2019 MDX dealer, and 2 Others nearby. 3 Different deals !!!, Which too is the Norm. In 2007, when I took the Plunge to get an Infiniti G35 , going from Pontiacs, and Nissans, etc, the many years prior, I went to 5 Dealers . Received 5 different Lease prices. The original dealer : Pepe Infiniti in White Plains was the best price and great service. With the MDX Advance, of which there are not too many around or available, I got the best deal from the second dealer I visited , Not by a lot, but better... Yes, they all were charging full MSRP, but I did get varying estimates of the "Equity" I have in my current 2019 MDX Lease which was under mileage allotment. Took advantage of the $1K Loyalty, the $3K equity, paid taxes and fees AND $1400 Cap cost which I never do, but wanted to keep the Lease payment down a bit / 36 month lease, 10K miles per year (being retired now, I won't hit 10K miles into the 3rd year !!), lease payment of $610 per month. Got them to throw in 4 free oil changes. The dealer, located in Scarsdale, NY, (Curry Acura), has better equipped Service center than the 2019 Dealer. The 3rd dealer was in Stamford CT. They did have many cars available, and did not have better deal. Curry had the Fathom Blue Pearl with Graystone Leather interior, saw that on line, and real posted pics by a poster on Acurazine, and when I saw it Live. Had to have it. So happy with the purchase. Frankly I received a few compliments from neighbors and friends on the Cra and its Color. It is very rare around here to see any cars , except the occassional BMW / VW in a similar Blue.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD
9 Posts
Motorjockey, Yes Me Too. Located in Westchester county, NY , I was initially contacted by a Reach Out Letter form my 2019 MDX dealer. Acura was offering the $1K Customer Loyalty $$$ , so I started to review the new 2022 MDX on line . Looked numerous reviews on YT. I looked at YT videos that offered as little Propoganda I could find. All have Highlt rated and in fact, declared this the No. 1 SUV now and is a terrifci value over the X5 (Prestige package required), Q7 (the same), MB (with the same TOL packages), and Volvo XC90 (with the same equipment ). The competitors cost Thousands more... So, now I start my due diligence / shopping . I am and always have been a shopper / researcher of the products that I buy , especially cars. I visited the 2019 MDX dealer, and 2 Others nearby. 3 Different deals !!!, Which too is the Norm. In 2007, when I took the Plunge to get an Infiniti G35 , going from Pontiacs, and Nissans, etc, the many years prior, I went to 5 Dealers . Received 5 different Lease prices. The original dealer : Pepe Infiniti in White Plains was the best price and great service. With the MDX Advance, of which there are not too many around or available, I got the best deal from the second dealer I visited , Not by a lot, but better... Yes, they all were charging full MSRP, but I did get varying estimates of the "Equity" I have in my current 2019 MDX Lease which was under mileage allotment. Took advantage of the $1K Loyalty, the $3K equity, paid taxes and fees AND $1400 Cap cost which I never do, but wanted to keep the Lease payment down a bit / 36 month lease, 10K miles per year (being retired now, I won't hit 10K miles into the 3rd year !!), lease payment of $610 per month. Got them to throw in 4 free oil changes. The dealer, located in Scarsdale, NY, (Curry Acura), has better equipped Service center than the 2019 Dealer. The 3rd dealer was in Stamford CT. They did have many cars available, and did not have better deal. Curry had the Fathom Blue Pearl with Graystone Leather interior, saw that on line, and real posted pics by a poster on Acurazine, and when I saw it Live. Had to have it. So happy with the purchase. Frankly I received a few compliments from neighbors and friends on the Cra and its Color. It is very rare around here to see any cars , except the occassional BMW / VW in a similar Blue.
I agree. Dealership pricing is all over the place due to vehicle availability so you have to do your due diligence. My wife and I were also looking at the XC90 but we agreed on the MDX. She is enjoying her new vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Motorjockey, Best of Luck on your new MDX. I leased mine, so other than Oil changes (I was able to "squeeze" the dealer to give me 4 Free OIl changes as part of the deal), I don't expect major maintenance charges. Volvos, BMWs, and Audis have Outrageous charges for same... My Nephew had an Audi Q5 , 2 years ago or so, brought it into the Audi dealer for a major service / maintenance visit . Was quoted $3,200 !!! . Told them to Forget it. Took back the keys , went down the road to the Honda Dealer, made a deal on the spot to trade in his Q5 for a new Pilot, fully loaded model, and couldn't be Happier as a family vehicle - 3 kids now. He is located in Long Island NY.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just paid for a new MDX Advance. After reading the great deals here, I feel bad I paid a little over MSRP and some ridiculous Florida dealership doc fee! :(

Price- $63,400 (Liquid Carbon $500 extra + dealer installed accessories like floor mats, cargo mats, wheel locks, splash guard)
Acura Loyalty Rebate - $1K
Dealer Doc Fees - $900
TOTAL (before tax) - $63,300
Shipping - $700 (I live in MO)
GRAND TOTAL - $64K before tax.

But I found the color combo I was searching for in under 2 days so I guess I can justify the "premium" for the no wait period.

EDIT: I got this at 1.49% APR from my credit union so over 5 years I save roughly $1K over the 1.9% that Acura is offering so there's that too :LOL:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just paid for a new MDX Advance. After reading the great deals here, I feel bad I paid a little over MSRP and some ridiculous Florida dealership doc fee! :(

Price- $63,400 (Liquid Carbon $500 extra + dealer installed accessories like floor mats, cargo mats, wheel locks, splash guard)
Dealer Doc Fees - $900

But I found the color combo I was searching for in under 2 days so I guess I can justify the "premium" for the no wait period.

EDIT: I got this at 1.49% APR from my credit union so over 5 years I save roughly $1K over the 1.9% that Acura is offering so there's that too :LOL:
Don't feel bad. You found what you wanted to and you also got it now. No one likes to pay more than they have to, but if you can swing it and want it, then why not? I have a few friends WITH the money ready to buy some vehicles only to be told there are none available, even if they wanted to pay more. I guess that's perspective when you have money and can't even pay more to get something, LOL.

I've got Liquid Carbon as well and love the color. Congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Dealer Doc Fees - $900

Congratulations.

I got MDX tech Majestic Black Pearl with Espresso interior. I waited for 2 months to get this color combo. I didn't get any deal, I paid MSRP.

Dealer gave free floor mats for all the three rows. I am happy that I got the color combo I wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bugsnest knows this, but I was able to get a deal on a MDX with Liquid Carbon Advance SH-AWD model (MSRP: $62,175) through the Costco Auto Program for $59500 before the $1500 incentives I qualify for (therefore price was $58k). Doc Fee is $500. Registration, tags, title is $295. Only thing to add left is state sales tax. Unfortunately, all they had were majestic black pearl and lunar silver metallic Advance Models in their lot, but they will expect the Liquid Carbon in several weeks.

My grand total OTD price including TTL (sales tax is 6% in my state) is $62,400 without any trade in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bugsnest knows this, but I was able to get a deal on a MDX with Liquid Carbon Advance SH-AWD model (MSRP: $62,175) through the Costco Auto Program for $59500 before the $1500 incentives I qualify for (therefore price was $58k). Doc Fee is $500. Registration, tags, title is $295. Only thing to add left is state sales tax. Unfortunately, all they had were majestic black pearl and lunar silver metallic Advance Models in their lot, but they will expect the Liquid Carbon in several weeks.

My grand total OTD price including TTL (sales tax is 6% in my state) is $62,400 without any trade in.
That's great you were able to use the Costco Auto Program on this! I tried to use it and was having a hard time even through the designated Acura dealer in my area. I tried pricing out with the True Value program through Navy Fed and was able to get $61 before TTL...would have been 63 something K after TTL.

Hopefully you could use those other coupons that Costco included for accessories (if it helps...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
First time MDX owner here. Just picked up a 2022 white aspec in Long Island NY. After going to 4 dealers and countless emails with others from true car i paid less than MSRP. most dealers were 2000$ over, and only two dealers actually had them in stock.
We got a loyalty incentive for owning a honda of 750$ and they gave us 2000$ just to sign over our subaru lease that was fully paid off and then was able to negotiate another 30$ off per month that comes out to about another 1500$off the total. Overall I'm pretty happy with the deal considering there's not many white aspect available locally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time MDX owner here. Just picked up a 2022 white aspec in Long Island NY. After going to 4 dealers and countless emails with others from true car i paid less than MSRP. most dealers were 2000$ over, and only two dealers actually had them in stock.
We got a loyalty incentive for owning a honda of 750$ and they gave us 2000$ just to sign over our subaru lease that was fully paid off and then was able to negotiate another 30$ off per month that comes out to about another 1500$off the total. Overall I'm pretty happy with the deal considering there's not many white aspect available locally.
Hi muggz, did you go to Acura of Valley Stream? My wife and I picked up a red Mdx w/ tech package 2 weeks ago from them. We love the Mdx, but the dealer experience was so bad. We paid under the new msrp, but not the old one- it looks like Acura bumped the msrp by a few hundred a couple months ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi muggz, did you go to Acura of Valley Stream? My wife and I picked up a red Mdx w/ tech package 2 weeks ago from them. We love the Mdx, but the dealer experience was so bad. We paid under the new msrp, but not the old one- it looks like Acura bumped the msrp by a few hundred a couple months ago.
We got it Acura of Bayshore and had a very good experience. I think if you paid even close to MSRP you got a fair deal.

·
Registered
66 Posts

mathnerd88, You did Great. I didn't even THINK to use my COSTCO Executive membership influence. "Hitting my forehead" ... I should've had a V-8 (remember that TV commercial). I saved some $$$$ form Costco membership in 2007 when I leased an Infiniti G35X. At that time, it was the Best Car I Ever Owned , stepping up form Pontiacs, Nissans, Mitsubishis. Oh Well , Too late now. I'll just sit back in the new MDX, select Sport Mode, and DS for the tranny and let "er Rip. Love the car.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just dropped by my Acura dealership. The lot is pretty vacant and lacking inventory. You are damn lucky if you can buy a new car these days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mathnerd88, You did Great. I didn't even THINK to use my COSTCO Executive membership influence. "Hitting my forehead" ... I should've had a V-8 (remember that TV commercial). I saved some $$$$ form Costco membership in 2007 when I leased an Infiniti G35X. At that time, it was the Best Car I Ever Owned , stepping up form Pontiacs, Nissans, Mitsubishis. Oh Well , Too late now. I'll just sit back in the new MDX, select Sport Mode, and DS for the tranny and let "er Rip. Love the car.
Oh man, I owned a 2007 G35x. Loved it so much but it was totaled when it was rear-ended. I got myself a 2013 Infiniti G37x afterwards but then traded it in eventually for the 2019 RDX (which I do love still.) I need a 7 seater 3 row SUV so am planning on getting this MDX.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh man, I owned a 2007 G35x. Loved it so much but it was totaled when it was rear-ended. I got myself a 2013 Infiniti G37x afterwards but then traded it in eventually for the 2019 RDX (which I do love still.) I need a 7 seater 3 row SUV so am planning on getting this MDX.
mattnerd88, Great Minds Think Alike. I did similar move, except I got a 2010 G37X (leased), and unfortunately, the 7AT was terrible. Laggy, and sporadic. Poor engine / Tranny software / tuning. In fact, I complained so vehemently to the dealer and Infiniti Regional Managers and on Blog sites, that after 2 years.... they changed / upgraded the software and it performed 40-50% better. The Dealer , pepe Infiniti in White Plains NY said (and I can't confirm if this is true), that I was one of most chronic protestors for action, and it prompted Infiniti to finally do something about it!!!. Then when that lease was up in 2013, I took the Infiniti M37X ... that was a very nice larger Sports Sedan. IMHO, after looking at the Audi A6 with a V-6 Supercharged - a terrific car but not for $$$$$), and considering a BMW as well, found that the M37X was a truly competitive Mid sized Sports Sedan at a wonderful Value. However, very few were seen on the road, in my NY Metro Area, But I don't care about those Image BS things... It was a sound trouble free car , with room, very good sound system, AWD, and excellent road manners. Then I did the total Opposite of what I do.... I leased on Impulse a 2016 QX60 (which looked like a Bloated wagon), right off the Dealer's floor.. Infiniti put out an offer to absorb the last 3 months of my lease payments (not roll them in), in June 2016. The new M was too expensive, saw the new White w/ Espresso Fully Loaded QX60, just became a new Grandfather at the time, and just Lost My Head. I grew to Like the car, for its comfort, drivability, sound system, & roominess. But could never really take to the Look... In fact, when I drove it home in June 2016 form the dealer's Floor, I had Immediate Buyer's Remorse. I sat there and Said WTF was I thinking !!! Of course, when I called the manager the next day to say I made a mistake, there was no returning the car.
When that lease was coming to expiration June 2019, this time I took a much closer look at the MDX and liked it much better, especially since Infiniti didn't make any substantive changes to the QX60. They were bending over backwards to try to get me to take a 2019 QX60, but the MDX was little bit more $$$, but I liked it better. Glad I did.. The interior was roomy enough for me (I commuted at the time 80 miles a day), had excellent SH-AWD, a very good sound system, vry good road manners and a 9AT, not a CVT.
So FF to June 2021. After receiving a "come On" letter from the Acura Dealer which said that I qualified for an early termination deal on the lease PLUS Acura offering $1K Loyalty Bonus on a new MDX. Reviewed the car on Line for 6 weeks , went to the Dealer , drove both the new MDX and the RDX ( I was entertaining Down grading since now I was retired [70 yo] and no longer needed such a Mid sized SUV). The RDX is an excellent vehicle, but just a bit too small (?), and when I drove the 2022 MDX - BINGO I was sold... Too bad that dealer quoted , what I felt too much for a monthly lease payment which went UP even with the $3K Equity in my lease and the $1K Loyalty. I said No Thank You... Shopped the car at 2 other nearby Acura Dealers. It does pay to Shop !!! Booked the deal at another Dealership who had maybe 3 Advances available. One was the Fathom Blue Pearl with Graystone interior. The Pics on Line do NOT give this color Justice. When I saw it LIVE, that was IT !!! Shopping saved me $25 per month PLus $500 less Out of Pocket than the other 2 deals quoted.
If You are getting the New MDX - Man, You will REALLY LIKE IT !!! As I said elsewhere , I don't use the term LOVE for things , but reserve that word for people... REALLY LIKE is very Close to LOVE....

·
Registered
66 Posts
PS: The 2007 G35X was at the time for sure, The Best Car I ever Owned (Leased). Upon acceleration, it pinned your head against the headrest... REALLY LIKED that !!.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts