• $1000 - $3000 under MSRP

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • $3000+ under MSRP

Votes: 9 15.5%
121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
You seem a little negative. Going into a dealership with a bad attitude is not a way to get the best deal. Salesmen charge a nuisance fee to people that are angry and hard to deal with. They need to charge difficult people a higher price for the pain and aggravation and to make the bad experience worthwhile for them. Difficult people always pay higher prices. Nice people that are easy to deal with always get deals. I can tell you right now you are paying full retail. Having a poster give you their invoice will not help you one bit. If you aren't very good at negotiating yourself, have a friend do it for you.
That quote that you replied to in no way shows no negativity, you're just mad because I called you out in other posts for being wrong and now you feel the need to reply to any of my comments by stalking my posts/profile. I know that I got a much better deal than you did. You saying "I can tell you right now you are paying full retail" is you being WRONG again. Another thing that you are wrong at "having a poster give you their invoice will not help you one bit" actually helped me more than your deal. If you are uneducated in forums and have no experience in life....have a friend do it for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you really expect the dealer woukd tell some random dude on the phone any details of a customer's deal? And you were probably talking to the receptionist.
Actually I spoke with a manager directly, and it was a different manager that got back to me with that exact deal. And you were probably talking out without knowing the facts again.

·
Registered
974 Posts
You need stop responding to every post, it's annoying like you waking with no hobbies everyday and finding forums to troll. It's not bad negociating if you have a dealer match a price. Just because you "never heard of anyone buying a car with someone else's invoice in hand" doesn't mean it doesn't work, I've never heard of a troll that feels to need to reply to every thread in multiple forums spreading misinformation. If you don't have the manners or knowledge then sit down. I've had more cars and buying experience than you do judging my your posts.
I think you paid retail
Actually I spoke with a manager directly, and it was a different manager that got back to me with that exact deal. And you were probably talking out without knowing the facts again.
Wow you are angry and bitter. I am sorry but I don't believe anything you say.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think you paid retail

Wow you are angry and bitter. I am sorry but I don't believe anything you say.

I think you have erectile dysfunction and hence you are stalking/replying to every thread.

Wow you are sad and lonely. I am sorry but I don't believe anything you say as you have been wrong multiple times in the threads. I posted facts, unlike you.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think you have erectile dysfunction and hence you are stalking/replying to every thread.

Wow you are sad and lonely. I am sorry but I don't believe anything you say as you have been wrong multiple times in the threads. I posted facts, unlike you.
WOW! So angry and bitter. Do you own a mirror?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Someone whom feels the need to bring in politics in any discussion or argument is someone that is desperate.
Genuinely interested. Are you desparate not to answer? I have a lot of American friends. Democrats are loud and proud. Republicans like to hide under the camouflage. You have answered my question. I hold no judgment. Was just interested. That's all. No need to be ashamed. I don't think any less or any more of you. Just ticking a box.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Genuinely interested. Are you desparate not to answer? I have a lot of American friends. Democrats are loud and proud. Rebublicans like to hide under the camouflage. You have answered my question. I hold no judgment. Was just interested. That's all. No need to be ashamed. I don't think any less or any more of you. Just ticking a box.
You're genuinely interested in someone else's political view in a price discussion thread, wow you are desperate for friends. You need a hobby and learn to spell, it's Republicans, not rebublicans. I hold no judgement in your education level, there is no need to be ashamed and take "flight" instead of fight.

·
Registered
974 Posts
You're genuinely interested in someone else's political view in a price discussion thread, wow you are desperate for friends. You need a hobby and learn to spell, it's Republicans, not rebublicans. I hold no judgement in your education level, there is no need to be ashamed and take "flight" instead of fight.
Price discussion but you took it off topic with ad hominen attacks and other topics. I can tell you love to fight to the death. Very cool. Sorry about the typo. Trump 2024!!

·
Administrator
2018 MDX SH-AWD
50 Posts
I would like to remind everyone that nothing good ever comes from discussing politics on a public forum. This is an auto site. A little off topic banter is fine, but please be respectful.

I will also bring your attention to the site rules which can be found here: Rules of the Road -- Please Read

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah... So we paid MSRP a few weeks ago ( plus conquest discount). This is about 2 weeks before Toyota announced cutting production by 40%

This was only 1 of 3 MDX they had on the lot. The only base model, nothing added, just how we want it, in the color we want.

Another lady wanted to buy it as we were signing, she left quite unhappy

Normally we get cars for MSRP as OTD price, or maybe a couple of hundred over invoice plus tax/fees as OTD price, without much effort put into the negotiating. Odd times..

1.99 financing was good though

Good luck everyone, this car is not perfect but its worth it, and probably the best until new Lexus RX is released.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I can see you are keeping it classy.
Nothing wrong with Trump if that is who the people want.
Yeah... So we paid MSRP a few weeks ago ( plus conquest discount). This is about 2 weeks before Toyota announced cutting production by 40%

This was only 1 of 3 MDXcar they had on the lot, base model, nothing added, just how we want it, in the color we want.

Another lady wanted to buy it as we were signing, she left quite unhappy

Normally we get cars for MSRP or maybe a couple of hundred over invoice as OTD price. without much effort put into the negotiating. Odd times..

1.99 financing was good though

Good luck everyone, this car is not perfect but its worth it, and probably the best until new Lexus RX is released.
In Canada the dealers are giving good discounts on the A Specs. Every dealer seems to have a few A Specs. Not sure if it is because Acura made too many of these or if MDX buyers are buying other trim levels.

I think the A-Spec is the best looking MDX available and was tempted to buy one while waiting for my vehicle, but I really wanted the 360 camera and HUD.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Tech SH-AWD
9 Posts
I placed a deposit 4 weeks ago and took delivery on 09/03/2021. I paid MSRP after contacting several dealerships. In the past I paid a little over invoice for most of my vehicles. Due to the pandemic I had limited options. One dealership had a $1,600 mark-up, pre-installed overpriced accessories and would not negotiate the OTD price. Crazy times but this could become the norm for the next year or more.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Folks, please keep it civil and on-topic. You're on an enthusiast's forum, we're all friends here (or should be). Thanks for understanding.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts