• $1000 - $3000 under MSRP

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • $3000+ under MSRP

Votes: 9 15.5%
101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I visited 2 dealers in Chicago are to advanced trim. One asked for 70K and the other for 68K.
Does that make sense? Anyone in Chicago area with similar experience?
I called a dealer to enquire about Tech trim and he said it was 58K. This price was for leasing and with 0 down.
He said that all the lease car's comes with 3 accessories like running boards, All Weather Floor Mats and Heated steering which increases the car price by $2800 and its mandatory.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I called a dealer to enquire about Tech trim and he said it was 58K. This price was for leasing and with 0 down.
He said that all the lease car's comes with 3 accessories like running boards, All Weather Floor Mats and Heated steering which increases the car price by $2800 and its mandatory.
Dealer is full of it. I had one that said mdx came from the factory with protection package for $600 extra above msrp and couldn't be removed. This was lug nut lock, splash guard, and cargo mat. Couldn't be removed my ass. They ordered me one with out that bs for slightly under msrp in the end. I hope to never deal with the same dealer again. I only went with them because they cut me a deal eventually. It is this type of **** that doesn't make the experience feel premium and more of I just walked into a kia dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here was my experience.
Advanced package
Dealer added 4900 for dealer accessary package and another 1500 for care package. The total price for the car was around 69000. They finally offered me around 62K +. Since I was put off by the whole experience, I told them I will only take it if they discount further. If they have told me the 62k at the beginning, I would have considered it as a reasonable offer. Another dealer asked straight 70K ( I did not even bother to look at the car since I was disgusted) . The whole process felt like I was dealing with the neighborhood used car dealership. If I am spending over 65K, why would I even bother to consider MDX - advance. I know there are not enough cars on the market, but the asking price has to be reasonable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have booked MDX TECH black exterior with espresso from a dealer in Minneapolis. Car has been produced and currently in transit. Haven't negotiated anything. Dealer said they can thrown in the floor mats for free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My out the door price on the MDX Tech Phantom Violet that I purchased on 7/22 was 55183. That included Window tint, door edge guards, and a rear bumper appliqué (they could have kept that bumper appliqué Bullsh$t). Overall I am pleased, as I got 4 quotes from the surrounding area dealers, I live in Charlotte NC. But they were all selling at MSRP, so I went with whom I have a relationship with, which is Hendrick Acura via my Honda dealer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dealers to stay away from in MD, Norris West (Ellicott City), they only offer $1k off msrp and don't respond to your calls, got that "we don't have to sell you a car" attitude. Rosenthal Acura, offers around $1k off. Hunt Valley, they only do $1k off msrp. Price Acura of DE offered $500 off only lol. There are other dealers that will take at least twice as much off. Remember, incentives don't count as corporate pays for them, make the dealer take some off then apply incentives.

Dealers are out to make as much as they can riding on this chip shortage but once supply gets better in a bit, they'll be regretting not selling you a car for a little more off and by then it's too late because they already left a sour taste. I will never buy from Norris West Acura as well as Laurel since they are owned or partnered by the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I pulled the trigger and signed for the MDX 2022 A-Spec, White pearl exterior, black with red stitching interior.
I'm in Ontario, Canada so prices are in Canadian dollars
$1000 off from Acura
$1500 off from dealer
Free paint charge ($500 off)
20% discount of accessories
MSRP after discounts = $61,180
what accessories did you buy and what was your out the door price including tax etc. ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
what accessories did you buy and what was your out the door price including tax etc. ?
Sorry for the late reply. I ordered the running board (in Black) and Cargo tray, folding A-SPEC
Out of the door price including accessories, freight, etc is around CAD 65K + Tax

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. I ordered the running board (in Black) and Cargo tray, folding A-SPEC
Out of the door price including accessories, freight, etc is around CAD 65K + Tax
Thanks ,
Not a bad deal at all in CDN $
I ordered a Platinum Elite in white pearl with brown exterior + 5000 lbs complete hitch package, my out the door price was $79356 including 13% tax.
The 5000 lb hitch package alone is like $3200 dealer installed, 🙄
I was told approx mid September delivery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have given up my search for MDX. I am tired of the lies, inflated stories and greed of these dealerships. I understand they have to make money, but it has to be reasonable. Some are asking 4 to 5k above the MRSP stating there is shortage. I know this is a supply and demand issue and there is a problem with chip availability. What bothers me is how the dealerships have changed over the last few years. Most acura dealerships do not behave like luxury dealers. Visiting and talking to some of them feels like dealing with the neighborhood used car dealerships. Some of them will eventually regret it when other car manufacturers come up in 2022 with new models in few months. So long acura.

·
Registered
974 Posts
2022 MDX is on sales starts 2/2/2022. Let's get a poll of sale price.

If you purchase/order one, please included trim and dealer location.

If it is over MSRP, was it unwanted accessories included on the MDX?
More than $2,000 off on an Elite plus 15% off accessories plus free labour plus 1 free all weather mat. My deal was a presale. The dealer did not have inventory. I had to wait 2 months. When the car came in, it was only on their lot for an hour or so. As soon as they installed the accessories (trailer hitch, roof racks, etc) I paid them and drove away. They had no inventory finance costs with my deal so they had margin. They had to give me a deal since I had to wait. I gave them a $1,000 non refundable deposit to show good faith and 3 months to get the car in.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just called and spoke to a manager at Chevy Chase, they've never had a deal like that what you quoted for an Advance.
Did you really expect the dealer would tell some random dude on the phone any details of a customer's deal? And you were probably talking to the receptionist.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah one manager said people whom did what you did posting they got a great deal and such are usually to start drama, I don't know if you are or not but sharing a bill would help others negotiate and you not posting one seems fishy as it doesn't affect you nor the dealer, if the dealer doesn't want to sell they don't have to.
You seem a little negative. Going into a dealership with a bad attitude is not a way to get the best deal. Salesmen charge a nuisance fee to people that are angry and hard to deal with. They need to charge difficult people a higher price for the pain and aggravation and to make the bad experience worthwhile for them. Difficult people always pay higher prices. Nice people that are easy to deal with always get deals. I can tell you right now you are paying full retail. Having a poster give you their invoice will not help you one bit. If you aren't very good at negotiating yourself, have a friend do it for you.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Not "desperate" to get that price but was trying to get you to share so others whom are in the market will benefit from this post but you have no evidence to back up your quote and I fact checked you. You creating an account just to post you got it at that price seems fishy. Not saying deals can't be had but at that price of $56,xxx from $61,xxx this early in the game is hard to believe.
You need to chill out. How many people are such bad negotiators that they need to go into a dealership with someone else's invoice. I have never heard of anyone buying a car with someone else's invoice in hand. If you don't have the manners, tact and friendly disposition to negotiate your own deal, get a friend to help you.I help friends buy cars all the time. It is great to get the salesman and dealership to want to bend for you. If I was a jerk to them they would show me the door.

·
Registered
974 Posts
ok, yes you technically bought it for a good price, good for you. However I’m wondering if it’s skewed by you either knew a manager orI can’t tell if you had a trade in. If you did have a trade it they tend to move numbers around.

What city was that purchased from because I don’t know if any dealers that are taking much off.
So now the dealer was his buddy??? What the hay? I think you owe the poster an apology.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Dealers to stay away from in MD, Norris West (Ellicott City), they only offer $1k off msrp and don't respond to your calls, got that "we don't have to sell you a car" attitude. Rosenthal Acura, offers around $1k off. Hunt Valley, they only do $1k off msrp. Price Acura of DE offered $500 off only lol. There are other dealers that will take at least twice as much off. Remember, incentives don't count as corporate pays for them, make the dealer take some off then apply incentives.

Dealers are out to make as much as they can riding on this chip shortage but once supply gets better in a bit, they'll be regretting not selling you a car for a little more off and by then it's too late because they already left a sour taste. I will never buy from Norris West Acura as well as Laurel since they are owned or partnered by the same.
You woud catch more flies with honey than vinegar. You would never be welcomed with open arms and hugs and kisses at the dealership with a bellicose attitude. How much over retail did you pay for your MDX?

·
Registered
974 Posts
View attachment 116550
I don't see anything insane about it.....I think going with your target price and historical data on the negotiating table always helps. In coming months, I am sure, people will get sweeter deal than this. My last two cents for the NOT SO REAL price I had posted ;).. Everyone can Move On Now!
Can't believe you did this. I believed you. Who cares what that guy thinks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You woud catch more flies with honey than vinegar. You would never be welcomed with open arms and hugs and kisses at the dealership with a bellicose attitude. How much over retail did you pay for your MDX?
I actually got the same price as the poster, so the question is how much did you get screwed on with your deal in Canada. I actually don't care cause I saved more than you as your dealer was laughing on the way to the bank with your deal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You need to chill out. How many people are such bad negotiators that they need to go into a dealership with someone else's invoice. I have never heard of anyone buying a car with someone else's invoice in hand. If you don't have the manners, tact and friendly disposition to negotiate your own deal, get a friend to help you.I help friends buy cars all the time. It is great to get the salesman and dealership to want to bend for you. If I was a jerk to them they would show me the door.
You need stop responding to every post, it's annoying like you waking with no hobbies everyday and finding forums to troll. It's not bad negociating if you have a dealer match a price. Just because you "never heard of anyone buying a car with someone else's invoice in hand" doesn't mean it doesn't work, I've never heard of a troll that feels to need to reply to every thread in multiple forums spreading misinformation. If you don't have the manners or knowledge then sit down. I've had more cars and buying experience than you do judging my your posts.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts