• $1000 - $3000 under MSRP

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • $3000+ under MSRP

Votes: 9 22.0%
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Price negotiation is tougher when you are ordering a specific car as opposed to what is sitting on the lot. Acura's approach to pricing is to stay close to MSRP with some token incentives here and there. Really a different world compared to how price was negotiated down 12% on my 2019 Z06 Corvette and that was a special order car. Would like to see at least $3000 or more off the MDX but if all I can get is the $1000 incentive I can live with it as this is the SUV I want. The want vs need equation gets you in a case like this.
And it's basically all relative to what you are willing to spend. A friend of mine just picked up a '22 Advance and he was thrilled with paying MSRP and have all weather mats "thrown in". I'm way too cheap to pay MSRP, ha, so I'm going to wait for the market to normalize.

·
Registered
21 Posts
And it's basically all relative to what you are willing to spend. A friend of mine just picked up a '22 Advance and he was thrilled with paying MSRP and have all weather mats "thrown in". I'm way too cheap to pay MSRP, ha, so I'm going to wait for the market to normalize.
That's true. We're coming off a more expensive lease than what we'd pay on an MSRP-based MDX lease. So in that regard feels like a relative bargain! 😂 We did wind up pulling the trigger at MSRP on an ordered car because we can't afford to be without a vehicle. We may wind up with both overlapping for a month though the Acura dealer said he could hold the car for us for a bit as needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We are very patient and don’t have any time pressure. We live near the biggest volume dealer (Pohanka) and they still have way more 2020s than 2022s. I don’t expect much movement at all until most if not all 2020s are gone. Even then they will still be selling a “2022” in 2021 so I expect we may end up waiting until sometime in 2022 to buy.

·
Registered
2022 MDX White w/ Espresso, Tech Package
7 Posts
$55,368 out the door, 2022 MDX White w/ Espresso interior & Tech package. This equates to $3,725 off which includes the $1,000 off for loyalty conquest rebate as an Audi owner. Also got the 1.9% financing on the whole thing. I contacted almost 10 dealers within 100-mile radius which had exact car either in stock or in transit. Most were not willing to budge much at all. Found one who was willing to make a deal. Went into local dealer with that information and they worked with me. Car is in such high demand especially if you are looking for a specific color combo. All dealers are trying to move their 2020 stock so there are definitely deals to be had on the 2020s but the 2022s are so much prettier in my opinion. Best of luck to everyone!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Believe me, you aren't alone. And it's not just Acura's that are selling so high. It's across all brands and all have supply shortages. Wait till the discounts start...and they will. These aren't normal market conditions and supply issues are only temporary. Vehicles purchases, and a lot of other purchases have been pushed forward due to boredom and depression in the covid era. Wait till reality sets in.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Believe me, you aren't alone. And it's not just Acura's that are selling so high. It's across all brands and all have supply shortages. Wait till the discounts start...and they will. These aren't normal market conditions and supply issues are only temporary. Vehicles purchases, and a lot of other purchases have been pushed forward due to boredom and depression in the covid era. Wait till reality sets in.
Paid just shy of MSRP outside of NYC back in Feb. The lease terms were very favorable though and the monthly ($700, taxes paid upfront) with nothing down for an Advance was slightly higher than what friends had paid for 2020/2019 models which sold for big discounts from MSRP. And much better terms than similarly priced vehicles from Audi, Volvo etc. I was expecting the lease on a 62k brand new model to be closer to 800.

·
Registered
1 Posts
About to purchase a 2022 Pearl White Advance SH-AWD in Maryland. Pricing details as follows:

MSRP: $62,175
Negotiated Sale Price with Destination: $58,805 ($3370 Discount)
Conquest Cash: $1000 (Brings total down to $57,805- total $4370 discount from MSRP)
Processing Fee: $499
Tags and Title: $351
Tax: $3600 (just pulled that from your number, believe that should actually be a little lower)

That puts my on the road price at about $62,255. Way more than I thought I'd pay, but feeling okay with that deal in the current environment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Paid just shy of MSRP outside of NYC back in Feb. The lease terms were very favorable though and the monthly ($700, taxes paid upfront) with nothing down for an Advance was slightly higher than what friends had paid for 2020/2019 models which sold for big discounts from MSRP. And much better terms than similarly priced vehicles from Audi, Volvo etc. I was expecting the lease on a 62k brand new model to be closer to 800.
$0 down / $700/mo including taxes is a great lease at least here in SoCal. I haven't gone into negotiation yet (not ready as our lease still has 3 months and I'm waiting for the market to normalize), but the prices I've seen advertised show about $700/mo ($0 down) for a base SH-AWD. And that's at 10K miles a year (which is ironically what my wife drove for our 2018 thanks to COVID-19. Ha).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased 2022 Pearl white advance w parchment interior from Northeat Acura in NY. Msrp 62,175. Got 1500 off plus cross bars installed; plus $1000 incentive deduction and 1,9 apr

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in NC and I got a Silver Base SH-AWD for $1,000 off MSRP plus a $1,000 rebate for being a Honda owner and they threw in $995 in all-weather mats. So $2,000 in savings plus free mats. Not too bad seeing that a lot of 2020s are still sitting on their lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at a 2022 Base right now. We currently have a 2018 Tech with a lease up at the end of August. Problem is we're about 12k over the lease mileage on the 2018 right now. We live in Huntsville, AL the dealer here is giving the lease buyout price for the 2018 MDX which seems fair considering the mileage. $1000 rebate and $500 for a Masters degree I received last year, they won't come off the MSRP at all. They currently have 3 2020's and 11 2022's. They want $2500 down for $600 a month including tax.

I'm tempted to wait and see what we could closer to the end of the lease but I'm concerned after reading a few articles that the semiconductor shortage may cause supply issues by this summer. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm looking at a 2022 Base right now. We currently have a 2018 Tech with a lease up at the end of August. Problem is we're about 12k over the lease mileage on the 2018 right now. We live in Huntsville, AL the dealer here is giving the lease buyout price for the 2018 MDX which seems fair considering the mileage. $1000 rebate and $500 for a Masters degree I received last year, they won't come off the MSRP at all. They currently have 3 2020's and 11 2022's. They want $2500 down for $600 a month including tax.

I'm tempted to wait and see what we could closer to the end of the lease but I'm concerned after reading a few articles that the semiconductor shortage may cause supply issues by this summer. What do you guys think?
Re your lease....look on cars.com and cargurus.com for pricing of 18s similar to yours. Chances are this number is several/a few thousand dollars above your payoff, so maybe you can negotiate at least part of this. Plus from the dealer side, Acura will pay the last three lease payments if you lease/buy another Acura. Example: my 20 awd advance lease (no money down) payoff is now $41k and I am seeing ask pricing for comparable vehicles near $50k. It does help that I negotiated my lease when there were $9k of dealer incentives.

On the one hand, I believe this is a terrible deal. On the other hand this is the worst time, in a long time, to buy a new or used vehicle, so a buyer does not have many options. Saw an article re chips/cars in the Wall Street Journal the other day where Ford CEO, as well as others, say chip shortage will get worse before it gets better. I can't believe the prices on my Acura mentioned above. I have been thinking about selling my 2000 Chevy 2500 truck (it is rare 90+ inch long bed) with 198k miles, that I gave about $7k for 10 yrs ago. I only drive it a couple thousand miles a year. Local Chevy dealer where I get it serviced is telling me I should ask $13-15k. Crazy times!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re your lease....look on cars.com and cargurus.com for pricing of 18s similar to yours. Chances are this number is several/a few thousand dollars above your payoff, so maybe you can negotiate at least part of this. Plus from the dealer side, Acura will pay the last three lease payments if you lease/buy another Acura. Example: my 20 awd advance lease (no money down) payoff is now $41k and I am seeing ask pricing for comparable vehicles near $50k. It does help that I negotiated my lease when there were $9k of dealer incentives.

On the one hand, I believe this is a terrible deal. On the other hand this is the worst time, in a long time, to buy a new or used vehicle, so a buyer does not have many options. Saw an article re chips/cars in the Wall Street Journal the other day where Ford CEO, as well as others, say chip shortage will get worse before it gets better. I can't believe the prices on my Acura mentioned above. I have been thinking about selling my 2000 Chevy 2500 truck (it is rare 90+ inch long bed) with 198k miles, that I gave about $7k for 10 yrs ago. I only drive it a couple thousand miles a year. Local Chevy dealer where I get it serviced is telling me I should ask $13-15k. Crazy times!
Thanks for the advice. Acura isn't doing the "Pull Ahead" program (deal that lets you trade in 3 months early) for the '22 MDX... jerks. So I'm basically left with waiting until the lease is over and continuing to add miles or doing a trade-in now. If it weren't for the semi-conductor shortage I'd probably wait but I don't know what pricing/stock will be like in August.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Local SoCal/OC dealers are consistently quoting around $900/mo (with tax) for $0 down leases (36M, 10K miles/yr) on A-Specs and even SH-AWD Techs. For comparison, our 2018 SH-AWD Tech lease (36M, 10K miles/yr) was $513/mo (inc tax) with $0 down. The money factors are super high and the residuals can't support the mark-ups. It's not the time to lease an MDX.

As a result, we leased a 2021 RDX A-Spec in the meantime and actually love it. The RDX money factor is very low right now. Perhaps the Type-S MDX will lure us back into the MDX fold, but for now, the lighter turbo RDX is a blast to drive :cool: (and basically has the same, albeit smaller, interior as the MDX).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure how interesting this is, but it was interesting to me :)

Here in MA a 'right to repair' law was recently passed which requires MFRS to share telematics info with indy mechanics. For whatever reason, 2022 MY cars are exempt from that (or perhaps MFRS have the right to self-exempt?) Anyway, to make up for this 'loss' to us, Acura is including 4 year/50k mile regular service on the MDX. There was a whole disclosure they had to read us when we signed.

And FWIW we paid sticker for our Advance, resulting in a 36 mo, 10k/year $0 down lease payment of $774. Kind of gross for a $62k car, and something the folks at Lease Hackr would vomit on (if you pay more than 1% of MSRP for 36/10 it's a "bad lease" in that world. But it's still a bit lower than the payment on the outgoing car (which the wife can no longer stand) so we're not unhappy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
And FWIW we paid sticker for our Advance, resulting in a 36 mo, 10k/year $0 down lease payment of $774. Kind of gross for a $62k car, and something the folks at Lease Hackr would vomit on (if you pay more than 1% of MSRP for 36/10 it's a "bad lease" in that world. But it's still a bit lower than the payment on the outgoing car (which the wife can no longer stand) so we're not unhappy.
Wow, after 2 months of shopping, I couldn't touch that lease here in SoCal/OC. I'm assuming that's without tax, but still on an Advance, 0 down lease discussions were starting at $850+.(often on 7500/yr contracts).

And yes, I always try to adhere to the 1% rule (or as close as possible), so these recent chip-shortage quotes have my frugal bones seriously twitching. Ha.

I think in 12-18 months a lot of these lease payments are going to look downright ugly, but that's the nature of the beast and we just have to remember the conditions at the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, after 2 months of shopping, I couldn't touch that lease here in SoCal/OC. I'm assuming that's without tax, but still on an Advance, 0 down lease discussions were starting at $850+.(often on 7500/yr contracts).

And yes, I always try to adhere to the 1% rule (or as close as possible), so these recent chip-shortage quotes have my frugal bones seriously twitching. Ha.

I think in 12-18 months a lot of these lease payments are going to look downright ugly, but that's the nature of the beast and we just have to remember the conditions at the time.
That is absolutely gross. I wonder if they're jacking up the MF, or if it's just that much higher in CA than it is in MA? My dealer claims they're not allowed to do that, but who knows?

Agreed that these payments will look ugly down the road. But...given the chip shortage and general supply chain awfulness, that could be further down the road than we anticipate at this point.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts