• $1000 - $3000 under MSRP

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • $3000+ under MSRP

Votes: 9 22.0%
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
4500 under MSRP with tech. In NJ. Most dealers said they won't move more than 1,000 off MSRP until the 2020s sell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
4500 under MSRP with tech. In NJ. Most dealers said they won't move more than 1,000 off MSRP until the 2020s sell.
How did you get 4500 under MSRP if they said they won't move? (just wondering, not trying to be negative). Going in to speak with the dealership in the next day or two so I'm trying to get as much info ahead of time as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get 4500 under MSRP if they said they won't move? (just wondering, not trying to be negative). Going in to speak with the dealership in the next day or two so I'm trying to get as much info ahead of time as possible.
There are many dealers in NJ. Most wouldn't move. Two would and they competed. I simply asked if they would beat the other guy. I prefer the closest dealer if they are in the ball park.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We purchased one this weekend. We went with the A-Spec. As previously mentioned in one of my replies, we have very few dealerships in my area so we weren't able to bounce dealers between each other. I wish we could have.

Please note I'm in Ontario, Canada so prices are in CND.

We got $1000 off from Acura even if we weren't already Acura owners. We were able to get $1500 off the SUV + another in $500 off by not having to pay the $500 paint charge. We also got the wheel nuts, anti-theft package + keyfob replacement thrown in (we didn't want it but in the end they included it anyways, I figure they thrown in those packages often so I didn't consider it a big win). So around $3000 off MSRP and then another ~$625 in other "stuff". We're pretty sure there was likely more to get and we slightly regret not pushing harder but at the same time we realized it's a brand new model so they have no incentive to do better. So maybe not the greatest deal compared to some others on here but at the price we got it at it fit our budget so no complaints I guess.

It's our first Acura and first MDX so I'm hoping it will turn into a good choice.

I hate this negotiation "game" so much.

Anyways, just wanted to share.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Frustrating situation in the northern MA/NH area. Five dealers around me have a total of over 30 (!) 2022 MDX's in stock in various trims (including at least a half dozen Advance, which is what I'm after), and not a single one will break MSRP at all. Even the dealer with the most stock won't budge $1. This can't hold up, can it? I mean I could see if they were flying off the lots but...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Frustrating situation in the northern MA/NH area. Five dealers around me have a total of over 30 (!) 2022 MDX's in stock in various trims (including at least a half dozen Advance, which is what I'm after), and not a single one will break MSRP at all. Even the dealer with the most stock won't budge $1. This can't hold up, can it? I mean I could see if they were flying off the lots but...
That sucks, and I agree, it won't hold up. Especially with covid going on. Soon they will have to make them move.

·
Super Moderator
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Possibly they have a lot more 2020 MDX that they try to get rip off first.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
That sucks, and I agree, it won't hold up. Especially with covid going on. Soon they will have to make them move.
That's not correct. Covid inceases car ownership.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's not correct. Covid inceases car ownership.
I agree, when we purchased two weeks ago, our sales guy was talking about how things were very busy in the last 6-8 months. A lot of people who's jobs weren't affected did well during the last year and are buying cars/SUVs or doing renovations on their houses.

And to MDXshopperguy -- that sucks, I'm surprised they still aren't moving on price given the MDXs have been out for a while. Hopefully you can find another dealership(s) that will be happy to sell it to you with a decent discount. I guess your local places are selling a bunch at MSRP or just don't care.

·
Registered
21 Posts
And to MDXshopperguy -- that sucks, I'm surprised they still aren't moving on price given the MDXs have been out for a while. Hopefully you can find another dealership(s) that will be happy to sell it to you with a decent discount. I guess your local places are selling a bunch at MSRP or just don't care.
Thanks. I just checked cars.com for national 2022 MDX inventory and there are (at least) 240 Advances sitting on dealer lots and over 2000 across all specs. Unfortunately I don't know if this is high or not for the MDX in general as I've not tracked this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m seeing roughly $700 below MSRP in the Carolinas (then additional $1k for owning an Acura already). I agree this is frustrating. Happy to have found this forum though, it’s very helpful to see what others are seeing. Would like to be a first time MDXer sooner than later, but thinking maybe Memorial Day might bring some sales and the 2020s will be mostly gone by then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m seeing roughly $700 below MSRP in the Carolinas (then additional $1k for owning an Acura already). I agree this is frustrating. Happy to have found this forum though, it’s very helpful to see what others are seeing. Would like to be a first time MDXer sooner than later, but thinking maybe Memorial Day might bring some sales and the 2020s will be mostly gone by then.
Great to hear, thanks! Which trim level is that pls?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great to hear, thanks! Which trim level is that pls?
I’m looking at the technology trim. I plan to keep looking on a regular basis, but I notice the one dealer giving the discount I mentioned still has 30 2020‘s on the lot. Hoping the price goes down as they get rid of those older models. Maybe it’s pride, but I can’t pull myself to pay a price closer to MSRP than invoice. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
been asking around 2022 MDX A-spec and Advance trim in north California here, dealers are giving MSRP or a few hundreds off by email inquiry, saying the MDX is selling fast and Acura cannot keep up with the production. Will wait till summer or consider other brands instead.

·
Registered
160 Posts
@TRY8345 I hear that. I wonder whether/when Acura will give dealers some relief so that they can really puke the 2020s out. We can wait another 3 months or so...
The Acura brand and the MDX specifically both set record sales numbers for the month of March, so Acura is high on their own success. As with many fresh / new models, the demand is high while a limited supply trickles into dealerships. Prices with normalize this summer. There are too many quality SUV alternatives for the MDX to continue selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is looking for a ‘22 black on black advance model in northern VA, please let me know. Locked in a deal but had to back out. About $2000 off sticker including all weather mats. Please PM me for details and I can link you up. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fair, and for sure sooner or later they'll break MSRP. Still, given how long the Palisade/Telluride twins were at/close to MSRP for the top trims, combined with supply chain constraints, combined with stimulus money, combined with people not traveling overseas so much in the near term, etc etc etc I could see it being into the Fall before there's meaningful movement on price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price negotiation is tougher when you are ordering a specific car as opposed to what is sitting on the lot. Acura's approach to pricing is to stay close to MSRP with some token incentives here and there. Really a different world compared to how price was negotiated down 12% on my 2019 Z06 Corvette and that was a special order car. Would like to see at least $3000 or more off the MDX but if all I can get is the $1000 incentive I can live with it as this is the SUV I want. The want vs need equation gets you in a case like this.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts