• $1000 - $3000 under MSRP

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • $3000+ under MSRP

Votes: 10 5.5%
381 - 400 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
22 Advance at Crown in Richmond,VA at MSRP less $1000 Loyalty picked up today. Already a pre-order for them in April and able to get a deposit down at that time. Trade on my 15 TLX was solid, beat Carmax but not quite Carvana numbers. Black Pearl/Parchment...

·
Registered
2009 MDX Bali Blue, 2022 MDX Type S Advance on order
46 Posts
can someone please recommend a good dealer(s) for NorCal? Looking to pickup a 2022 MDX AWD with Advance package at MSRP if possible with no add-ons. Thanks in advance 🙏
If you are still looking, try Acura of Pleasanton. You should get MSRP and a small add on ... ~$675.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S Platinum White Pearl
27 Posts
2022 MDX Type S SH-AWD
Location in Carlsbad, CA at Hoehn Acura

MSRP $66,700
Platinum White Pearl $500
Destination and handling $1,045
Selling price $68,245
Dealer markup [blamed on shortage of chips] $7500
Able to get it down to $3200 markup
Out the door $79,475.23

Only took msrp warranty 6yr/70k mi powertrain // 4yr/50k mi ltd vehicle

Just the Type S package, came with weather type-s mats and standard MDX carpets. No other additions or add-on charges.

Felt that I paid too much, especially on the markup and no cut on the msrp price. Didn't know they charge per color of the car and destination fee, since the type s was on the lot already.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
Felt that I paid too much, especially on the markup and no cut on the msrp price.
Then you should have walked away!

Didn't know they charge per color of the car and destination fee, since the type s was on the lot already.
If you use the "build" function on Acura's website, those fees will be shown. Those fees are tacked on at EVERY dealer, regardless of whether the car is on the lot or not. The destination fee is for shipping from the factory to the dealer, and it's the same for all dealers, regardless of distance. Any exterior color other than Lunar Silver Metallic or Fathom Blue Pearl costs an extra $500.

·
Registered
'22 MDX Type S Adv
133 Posts
The dealer tried to charge me a 5k markup, I said no. They charged me msrp.

Although, your leverage highly depends on your ability to get another car. Not always possible these days.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S Platinum White Pearl
27 Posts
Then you should have walked away!
haha I know I should of. The other Acura of Temecula dealer wanted a $5k markup too. But i tried my best to haggle that down. I am no good at wheeling and dealing. And we needed a larger car for our kids. So I didn’t walk away but ended paying that markup.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
haha I know I should of. The other Acura of Temecula dealer wanted a $5k markup too. But i tried my best to haggle that down. I am no good at wheeling and dealing. And we needed a larger car for our kids. So I didn’t walk away but ended paying that markup.
Honestly though - you got the car you wanted, and it's done. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about what you paid. I would just enjoy having and driving the car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same here. I paid a bit of a markup but they came down on the original price and gave me a bit more for my trade and found me a great rate. I got a Type S as well and I love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my Type S Advance outside of Philadelphia, dealer wanted $2500 markup but I talked them down to MSRP. No trade in. All email communications since I hate playing the game in person or over the phone. It wasn't very hard, just exchanged emails once a day & kept saying that once they gave me MSRP I would sign the papers. Once they did, I called in the deposit and picked it up the next business day. Fairly painless process other than they also sold me some accessories (that they priced matched to another dealer I also was communicating with over email) and it turns out they didn't have the accessories. They're supposed to mail me when they come in but I have a feeling I'm going to have to stay on top of them to get that done......

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
Just got my Type S Advance outside of Philadelphia, dealer wanted $2500 markup but I talked them down to MSRP. No trade in. All email communications since I hate playing the game in person or over the phone. It wasn't very hard, just exchanged emails once a day & kept saying that once they gave me MSRP I would sign the papers. Once they did, I called in the deposit and picked it up the next business day.
Nicely done! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2022 MDX Type S Advance
8 Posts
Just got my Type S Advance outside of Philadelphia, dealer wanted $2500 markup but I talked them down to MSRP. No trade in. All email communications since I hate playing the game in person or over the phone. It wasn't very hard, just exchanged emails once a day & kept saying that once they gave me MSRP I would sign the papers. Once they did, I called in the deposit and picked it up the next business day. Fairly painless process other than they also sold me some accessories (that they priced matched to another dealer I also was communicating with over email) and it turns out they didn't have the accessories. They're supposed to mail me when they come in but I have a feeling I'm going to have to stay on top of them to get that done......
Congratulations! Part of my deal included the full Type S trailer hitch. First attempt, parts arrived quickly, got a loaner, but they got the wrong parts. It's been a week now and no word on the correct parts. I picked up the cargo cover and folding cargo tray from the dealer which they ordered for me. Parts Manager told me there are a lot of accessories backordered (spare tire kit ETA June 30, Type S splash guards ETA early July), but others seem to be readily available (black chrome emblems, door edge guards). Also checked with Your Wholesale Acura Parts and My Acura Parts who gave the same story. Yes, it is a good practice to check with them periodically! Seems this is the story in these times.

update: parts came in and trailer hitch installed with ATF cooler but not hands free Adapter which is on national backorder and has been for a long time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congratulations! Part of my deal included the full Type S trailer hitch. First attempt, parts arrived quickly, got a loaner, but they got the wrong parts. It's been a week now and no word on the correct parts. I picked up the cargo cover and folding cargo tray from the dealer which they ordered for me. Parts Manager told me there are a lot of accessories backordered (spare tire kit ETA June 30, Type S splash guards ETA early July), but others seem to be readily available (black chrome emblems, door edge guards). Also checked with Your Wholesale Acura Parts and My Acura Parts who gave the same story. Yes, it is a good practice to check with them periodically! Seems this is the story in these times.
My spare tire kit has been in for 6 weeks or so. The parts department ordered the wrong tire and since that time Ive been waiting on the correct tire. I’m told they expect it tomorrow. It hasn’t been on back order. I’m told it’s all supply chain issues. I’m like okay. Because they screwed up the first time and I’m in San Antonio and they are in Austin; when the tire does come in; they’ll mount it to the rim and drive it down here and will install it on my Type S. Oh, I left off the part that I drove up to Austin to have it all installed after being told all the parts were in and were correct. That was 4 weeks ago…been waiting for the correct tire since then…

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to chime in on this. I received an offer from Gold Coast Acura in Ventura, CA for a new 2022 Advanced package MDX in MBP/Ebony for $3,750 under MSRP.

EDIT: I originally put $3,750 under invoice instead of MSRP. I meant to write MSRP. sorry!

381 - 400 of 426 Posts