Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.5 V6, 10 speed AT, and SHAWD. Looks to be a safe combination. I hope it is a bit roomier as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Have you seen the interior? 16-way seats with message, multi-color ambient lighting, digital dash, more room for all seating positions, wireless charging, 1000w ELS system, etc... I hope the price doesn't creep up +$60,000.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is for advanced model. I guess for the main stream tech model, price will stay competitive. I do love the hybrid version of 3rd gen, but 4th gen ain't bad at all. The only thing scary is the new one will be even lower. Isn't it going to be a wagon now?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That is for advanced model. I guess for the main stream tech model, price will stay competitive. I do love the hybrid version of 3rd gen, but 4th gen ain't bad at all. The only thing scary is the new one will be even lower. Isn't it going to be a wagon now?

There were pics of an MDX prototype with adjustable height suspension. The 3.5 NA V6 is a good option for the MDX and the V6-T better for type-S. I hope acura can improve the gearing with the 10 spd to make the MDX better to drive than 9spd and as well get good MPG for the power.

·
Registered
923 Posts
at what price and at what gross weight. Acura lately is living in lala land with their pricing strategy, it might bite them in the arse. For some reason they starting to think they became BMW and MB

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean normal MDX won't have double a suspension?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You mean normal MDX won't have double a suspension?
I don't think so, double wishbone reference is only used in the same sentence or train of thought with Type S in the press release:
  • MDX’s first-ever double wishbone front suspension engineered for Type S-levels of performance
  • MDX’s first-ever double wishbone front suspension, and the first application of the Type S high performance moniker to an Acura SUV.
  • The most rigid Acura SUV body to date, the new MDX is engineered to support Type S-levels of performance as well as advanced collision and pedestrian safety. Anchored to the ultra-rigid new body is a new performance-focused chassis featuring MDX’s first-ever double wishbone front suspension, delivering sharp and sporty handling with improved road holding and ride comfort.
I might be wrong, of course.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, engineering a different suspension system is kinda extreme. What if there's a type R MDX?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Wow, engineering a different suspension system is kinda extreme. What if there's a type R MDX?

They just need to add hybrid tech to the MDX Type-S to make it a Type-R MDX.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I agree. Just like with 2004-2008 TL, it seems to make sense to have double wishbone for all models. We'll see.

But a luxury SUV should definitely have double wishbone. No McPherson can outperform double wishbone in terms of comfort and handling.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I only hope they built more reliability in this one, more than previous years. One where you don't have to buy Extended Warranties, just to own. I guess we will see.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree. Just like with 2004-2008 TL, it seems to make sense to have double wishbone for all models. We'll see.

But a luxury SUV should definitely have double wishbone. No McPherson can outperform double wishbone in terms of comfort and handling.

From this video, normal MDX gets double a suspension as well. If all TLX has it, all MDX should too.

Reactions: AcuraAddicted

·
Registered
129 Posts
I only hope they built more reliability in this one, more than previous years. One where you don't have to buy Extended Warranties, just to own. I guess we will see.
Agreed, but quality has been waning at Honda/Acura for years now. Without a major restructuring, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For the most part, quality depends on a few key components. Engine, transfer and AWD. For all the three parts, Honda has used them on other cars. There's not a lot of new stuff. That is why I think this one is going to be a winner. The only concern is the quality of infotainment system and the integration of 10 speed AT and AWD. I'd like to give Honda the benefit of doubts. I am unlikely to buy the first model year anyway.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
It does look nice but I made up my mind about changing to an RDX..
I need an SUV but even Mid-size is now too big for my lifestyle.

Here is hoping the new interior design language of the MDX (Specially and my number 1 priority here: RGB Interior Mood Lighting) comes over to the 2022-23 RDX.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RDX is smaller but not a lot more fuel efficient. I think driving at 70 mph, MDX might have better mpg. If so, why bother?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I live in México so 70mph is even illegal on highways, So I have lower average speeds in general compared to the states. Low speed mpg is a must for me and I reckon the RDX will have better MPGs in general.. Also I dont need the extra space either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2016 mdx and I can tell u that the mdx awd with 10spd tranny has a common noise coming from the front of the mdx engine or trans acura cannot find it. I’ve heard it from 2018’s and 2020’s as loaner vehicles so be aware. I feel acura has done a lousy job of quality control over the past 6 years. It’s almost like they r sticking with a design that has issues without resolving them. Buyer beware

1 - 20 of 27 Posts