Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am new to this forum, but looked everywhere on this forum, online OEM wheel re-conditioners, three ebay sales and, including two dealerships to get some specs on the OEM 42700-STX-A01 wheel, with no luck. The information I am looking for is detailed in my attachment

A) Center bore to spoke depth from a distance of 5 inches radially from the center of the bore and along the hub mating surface (GREEN)
B) The inner diameter of the wheel along the hub mating surface (RED)
C) Center bore to spoke depth from a distance of 7 inches radially from the center of the bore and along the hub mating surface (BLUE)

I am in the process of using this wheel on my 1G Ridgeline as the offset (+45mm), stud size (M14 x 1.5) and the center bore (64.1mm) are identical to my 2010 ridgeline wheels. Not only do I like these wheels, I am also installing a BBK from rotora onto my Ridgeline and want to ensure that the OEM 42700STXA01 wheels can clear the brakes, thus the request above for the dimensions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. If anyone is looking for a BBK (I see a member running Wilwood from Heeltoe), contact Rotora and speak with Loren.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ridgeline and Pilot rims will work on the MDX, as long as the MDX is not 2014, 15, or 16.
Thank you. I am aware of the bolt pattern change in the 2.5Gen of the MDX. The reason I am looking at the specs is because of the BBK (big break kit) that I am installing on the Ridgeline. Need to make sure that my BBK can clear the OEM MDX wheel that I want.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is It close enough that spoke design is coming into play? Simple offset won’t tell you what you need?
Unfortunately I do not have the physical wheel to compare. That wheel, I mentioned, is available in Georgia and I am in NJ. The only way the dealerships will get it here, is if I order it $50 deposit and retail is $640 (though online price off acurapartswarehouse is $395).
I have a 17" steel wheel (on my Ridgeline) and it does not clear that, as the steel wheel has a ridge close to the spokes. The overall diameter of the BBK is 16 inches, and I come up around an inch short.
I am not interested in any of the 18" alloy wheels on the Ridgeline because of their appearance, and thus never bothered to look at its clearance. Besides, the 2G Ridgelines (the ones that have some decent looking wheels) seem to rum 55mm+ offset wheels and I am installing a 255width tire. Combination is 1) expensive (wheel) and 2) will rub on turns.

Some wheels have curved spokes, while some wheels have straight spokes. The straight spoke ones seem to be on higher offset wheels while the curved ones are on the 45mm and lower offset wheels (OEM designs). Curved spoke wheels have better clearance to the calipers on the BBK
Guys circumvent that by installing wheel spacers to push the wheel out and I am NOT a fan of those, even on the least bit. It is not wise to limit the dept of the threaded part on the lug nuts, and induce additional load on the wheel bearings.

My Brake template is here >> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3shoHftL36QTDZUR285anlNVEYteHdnQm5vQkRLNzBuc3lJ should anyone be interested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i don't have any 'powder coated' tech wheels....the current wheels on my '09 MDX are 18 inch Sport wheels.
Thank you for responding to my PM. I misunderstood another member's imaged posted by you as your own. Realizing it, I contacted the respective three other members via pm for a response.

It appears that if I cannot find a solid answer in a week, I would buy and return a wheel (after measuring) and fork out the $15 restocking fee if the wheel fails to clear the brakes.
If it does, then the bonus is to inform Rotora and also the MDXERS community of it. :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just because a rim will fit, when the car is in the air, it doesn't mean that it will fit under load.

Ex. I can mount my OEM 15" 2001 Type R rims on my 2008 Civic Si and freely spin all 4 tires.
When I try to drive it, the rear lower arm knocks the balancing weights off and when I drive off of the garage floor/on to the driveway (2" drop) the lower arm contacts the inner lip, of the ITR rim.

However, on my 2006 Civic Ex, the lower rear arms are less beefy/thick and I have no issues using my ITR rims there.

Finally, a member is selling these:

https://www.mdxers.org/forums/15-classifieds/166184-20-oem-wheels-2018-mdx.html

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just because a rim will fit, when the car is in the air, it doesn't mean that it will fit under load.

Ex. I can mount my OEM 15" 2001 Type R rims on my 2008 Civic Si and freely spin all 4 tires.
When I try to drive it, the rear lower arm knocks the balancing weights off and when I drive off of the garage floor/on to the driveway (2" drop) the lower arm contacts the inner lip, of the ITR rim.

However, on my 2006 Civic Ex, the lower rear arms are less beefy/thick and I have no issues using my ITR rims there.

Finally, a member is selling these:

https://www.mdxers.org/forums/15-classifieds/166184-20-oem-wheels-2018-mdx.html
Thanks for the feedback.

your 01 ITR was 15 x 6 with a +50mm offset and the '08 SI was a 17x7 with +45mm offset?
The ITR wheel, was not only 2 inches smaller (with also goes to the 2 inches in reduction of the inner diameter or more), it was also 0.2 inches pushed into the wheel wells due to the +5mm offset differnce. Once the joints experience the load, they will surely start to rub on things, as their static positions are changed.

In my case, I am going up an inch with the same dimensions found on my Ridgeline's optional 18" wheel. So there is no guess on the fitment. The only thing that is different is the design of the wheel as the optional 18" alloy on the Ridgeline are just not appealing.

I saw the '18 MDX wheels on sale. They are not only 20inches, they are also +55mm offset. I have a limit to 18" wheel due to the amount of potholes here in NJ and the +10mm offset will not play in my favor when I run 255 width tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.