Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just order mine today, $326 + $35 SH(Illinois). I hope it'll fit for 03.

·
Registered
83 Posts
what is the contact info for nordleth? are these easy to install yourself? anyone have westin's on with pics for comparisons? i've read somewhere on this forum that the maniks "stick out" quite a bit and don't look quite right. thx

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
steventimm said:
what is the contact info for nordleth? are these easy to install yourself? anyone have westin's on with pics for comparisons? i've read somewhere on this forum that the maniks "stick out" quite a bit and don't look quite right. thx
You either buy Maniks or Acura. Nothing else made for MDX at present.
Do some searches on here, you will find tons of info, pictures, tips, pros & cons, etc. That's my Maniks in the little tiny picture. Very happy with them but don't buy blindly without researching all possibilities.

·
Registered
83 Posts
thx....will do. since acura does not offer a ss option, i guess that just leaves maniks if ss is a must-have. hmmm....

·
Registered
63 Posts
steventimm,
I worked the deal with Jason, I called the toll free number off their website; nordleth.com. He said he sells to a lot of MDX.org members. As a matter of fact he mentioned that he sold a set to Tim I think (he said the maintainer of this site.) I'm sure if you shop around from site to site you will probably get a lower price. I just got impatient and figured that $345 was a decent deal for steps that retail for $499.

good luck

:2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
thx for the info guys.....

re powder coat sidesteps from acura, if they were stainless steel, i'd get them. i'm planning on a stainless steel or a polished silver wheel/tire upgrade when my '03 arrives in december, so i think the sidesteps need to be stainless steel too. surprised acura does not offer that as an option. looks soooo much nicer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
called nordleth today and got them for $345 too. thx for the heads up eltigre

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do they help keep road spray off the doors?

I'm surprised at the amount of debris that gets deposited on the sides of the MDX. The mud flaps are obviously ornamental as they do little good (except for packing in snow as others claim).

Called our local dealer yesterday about the Maniks but they wanted $499 + our 5% sales tax even after I told him others on the list are getting them cheaper!

Not sure I'd use the steps but sure would like a way to keep the road spray off - if the Maniks work I'll be calling Nordleth too!:29:

Then again, maybe I better stop while I'm ahead. Installed the side moulding on Sunday, on Monday morning a doe decides to throw herself against my passenger door. Went back to see if we'd at least get some venison out of the incident, but of course the deer was fine. Car is less than a month old and I'm visiting the body shop next week. Not a major bash, guess you could say the BSM may work for door dings but not deer dings! I'll probably have an 8 point buck after my "X" if I install the Maniks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts