Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I took delivery about a year-and-a-half ago, my 3rd row seatbelts were in the same position my saleseman put them in - namely, tangled within itself next to the corresponding D-pillar.

I never paid attention to them and was happy if not for aesthetic look, then at least for a lack of noise and free dangling from them.

Then, someone on this forum mentioned that he/she had little retaining clips attached to those seatbelts for "easy storage" and nice look.

Well, it turns out, I had only 1 such clip. The other one is missing.
When I mentioned it to my dealer a few days ago, I do not think I ever saw them THAT MUCH surprised. (and believe me, I made them surprised before.... :mad: )
Since they vallet-park cars when they are brought in for service, I was unable to show them the missing clip, and, at the end of the day, they said a tech thinks my 3rd row seatbelts are "working as advertised"

Anyway, to make this abnormally long story short, I see quite a few pics of your MDX interioirs (most recent from Paul123) with those seatbelts just dangling. Do you have (or even know about) those clips? Should I really "press" my dealer about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
vip9,

Oddly enough, we had one missing from day one as well. We had it (re)placed on one of our first service visits. If you like, I can try to look up the stock # from our service order, but our dealer replaced w/o a second thought.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Since most of our driving is only utilizing the front row, I leave the 2nd and 3rd belts connected up all the time, not dangling. This includes the ceiling mounted shoulder harness.
That's how our car was delivered, and it seems to be the best way to avoid noise from clanging belt buckles or nicks in the surrounding plastic.
If I used the 2nd (or 3rd) row regularly I would like the idea of clips. As it is, I don't have any clips as delivered.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Donsev, thanks. At least I don't feel all alone now :) I am sure my dealer will not make a big deal out of it. I don't even mind paying for the damn thing - can it possibly be more than $5??? :)

Daleb: Those clips are a part of the 3rd row belts and, if missing, make your MDX INCOMPLETE! :)

Just like you put the middle 2nd row seatbelt into that slot in the headliner, those clips are designed to hold unused 3rd row seatbelts in place. Until now (and 1 belt still is, actually), those seatbelts were just tied around themselvs to avoid dangling.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
vip9 said:
Donsev, thanks. At least I don't feel all alone now :) I am sure my dealer will not make a big deal out of it. I don't even mind paying for the damn thing - can it possibly be more than $5??? :)

Daleb: Those clips are a part of the 3rd row belts and, if missing, make your MDX INCOMPLETE! :)

Just like you put the middle 2nd row seatbelt into that slot in the headliner, those clips are designed to hold unused 3rd row seatbelts in place. Until now (and 1 belt still is, actually), those seatbelts were just tied around themselvs to avoid dangling.
Well, darn! Guess I will go out there and take another look. Almost more trouble than the clips are worth. My 3 rd row belts are buried along side the folded seats, buckles and all.
Yes, I have clips, they are attached to the sewn web section of the belt at the bottom. Am I to take them off and use them elsewhere? I feel stupid about this whole subject, guess I need pictures
:p

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DaleB said:

Well, darn! Guess I will go out there and take another look. Almost more trouble than the clips are worth. My 3 rd row belts are buried along side the folded seats, buckles and all.
Yes, I have clips, they are attached to the sewn web section of the belt at the bottom. Am I to take them off and use them elsewhere? I feel stupid about this whole subject, guess I need pictures
:p
DaleB, if you were to disconnect those 3rd row belts, they would retract all the way into D-pillars, leaving about 6-10 inches dangling. Then, you would use those clips to attach the end of the belts to the parts which are attached to D-Pillars, thus preventing them from dangling, making noise, etc.

IMO, if you leave those 3rd row belts attached, they look clumsy, take space in the trunk, and some people reported that they leave deep marks in the seats when those seats are folded.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The clips are also mentioned in the installation instructions for the cargo net. Those instructions made something really simple seem pretty hard. Anyway, I probably never would have noticed them if I hadn't read the install for the cargo net before the net arrived. They seem like a good idea, especially after reading about the possible indentation in the seat if you leave them in the "usable" position while the seat's folded.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Missing clip

I'm missing the right side seat belt clip as well. :rolleyes:

Can you say quality control...

Does anyone have the part number for these clips?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts