Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my Midnight Blue Pearl MDX Touring w/Nav and I can't wait to get my hands on the wheel. However, I it's just the three of us to drive around and doubt if I'll ever need to use the 3rd row seats. How many of you out there use your 3rd row seats and how many of you have never used them??

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm like you waiting. I have 4 in my family, so we don't intend on using the 3rd row either, unless it's necessary. I got the MDX because it was roomier than my current car (2001 Volvo V70XC),and also for that 3rd row. There has been a few times since I've had my Volvo, where I wish I had a 3rd row, just for someone else. With 2 carseats in the back, no one can sit back there!!! So, I guess, I'm hardly ever going to use those 3rd row seats, but the cargo room provided by them being down is just GREAT!!! So much more room than my Volvo!!! Now, it's just the wait that's killing me!!!

Hey, I see you're from NJ, me too!!! Where did you order your MDX from?? I ordered mine from Precision Acura!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
3rd Row Seat...A lifesaver

We have two kids and always need the third row for carpools to schools and sports. Bigger kids will complain about the 3rd row not being enough room, but its fine for short trips.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I use it pretty often. Going to Florida with me and my brother's family, going with bunch of friends out, going to lunch with people at work...

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I'm waiting, too. But only for a couple of more days! Coming from the minivan side of things, you can never have too many seats. It seems we are either hauling friends or family and those extra seats really come in handy. I know we will use ours and the X's will even fold down out of the way. I can't do that with the van's right now. They need to be completely removed to get a flat floor.

I've heard others mention that they make a great vantage point for the RES (fold the second row flat and sit in the third row!!):D

·
Registered
183 Posts
With five youngsters in our household, all the seats are taken in the house and in the cars. The MDX third row has a car seat (4yr old) and a booster seat (7yr old); the middle seat has a car seat (18 month old), and for everyone else its first-come, first served (kind of like Southwest Airlines with the group number). I'm telling you that third row seat gets used a lot. Fortunately, we have a Thule soft side carrier for the big trips, so all the bags go on top. And that's why I bought the MDX.

Mark

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have two kids and we use the 3rd row once in a while:
- when the kids don't get along, the other one stays at the
3rd row
- when my in-laws come for a visit and if we go out I
insist that we only use one car (the X), otherwise I have
to wait for my dad-in-law who is old and drives like a 'turtle'
- and there was a time when the 'commander-in-chief' got
mad and she stayed way back there

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had my X since Oct. 02 and have never used the third row. My wife and I have a six month old girl and when we take the parents, all five fit without the third row. The problem with the third row is that the second row only slides forward on the passenger side which is where we have the infant seat base. The rear facing seat does not fit behind the drivers side because I am 6'3" and have the seat all the way back. I guess we will use it when she gets older.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered mine from Bridgewater Acura last Friday 1/31. I got mine because I have long legs and need the legroom in the X. I probably will not use all the room in the X anytime soon but it is always better to have and not need than to need and not have.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
dvilla

I have two kids and we use the 3rd row once in a while:
- when the kids don't get along, the other one stays at the
3rd row
- when my in-laws come for a visit and if we go out I
insist that we only use one car (the X), otherwise I have
to wait for my dad-in-law who is old and drives like a 'turtle'
- and there was a time when the 'commander-in-chief' got
mad and she stayed way back there

totally agree

also, gets used when the kids friends need picking up.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
kchaz,

We use it rarely, however, I'ts saved us a lot of hassle the few times we've used it.
:4:

·
Registered
699 Posts
We only have 3 in our immediate family, but the third row has been a lifesaver on several occasions when we have visitors, etc.

On the other hand, sometimes seating for seven isn't enough! On those occasions, we've either done two vehicles or rented a 15 passenger van (whoa nelly).

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We use the third row on occaision

We have three boys and they spread out on long trips and we have the occaisional visitors. Although with the two oldest in college now 3rd seat gets used less than it used to.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Don't use ours too often - only when we're carrying some 'bonus kids'. But since I usually keep the 3rd row seats down, it's always fun to to turn the 'X into a 7 passenger rig!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I uses the 3rd row many times..

Hated trying to drive and have to worry about another car that's following..

3rd row is also one of the reason I got the X.:1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
3rd Row seat

I have not used it so far. We are a small family. Me, my wife and small kid.. I have been dreaming of a road trip with 2nd and 3rd row seat folded and let my kid sleep (of course not while I ma driving)..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nasty third row seats!

A single person needs to input...

I wish the third row was an option, I very rarely have anyone in the second row seats (I bought an X for cargo space, sport van performance, and AWD). I would have found good use for a large storage compartment where the seats are stowed. I don't have triplets like my younger brother (Pilot owner). Yet, I respect the need for more than a dozen seats when you are car-pooling kids around. Even the Pilot and Oddity don't have enough seats for my siblings carpools! I just want to rip the third row seats out of there. However, I'm just going to ignore their exisistence. If someone needs to replace third row quartz colored seats, contact me.;)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Have had my X for 5 months now and it wasn't until last weekend that I decided to take a gander at the 3rd row seats. I pulled out my cargo tray(which keeps the carpet looking awesome) and flipped it up. I was curious if I got 3rd row floormats because others had touted that they have em'. Well I do too. :29:Anyways, I climbed into the 3rd row seats and sat for oh.....3 secs and started cramping up. Folded them down immediately with promise that I will check on em' in about a year.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I've had the vehicle since October, 2000 and have never once used the third row. That all said, I like knowing it's back there just in case. We'll have a second child soon enough, and I think as our first gets older there might be situations where the third row will come in handy.

If the MDX didn't come with a third row, I still would have bought it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Had my X for three weeks. Still haven't used the third row but bought it more for future usage and occasionally running around with the inlaws. The back of the X currently has a stroller living in it. Once we have a second child and they get a bit older, I suspect I will have considerable use for it (I tend to keep cars around 8 years). The availibility of the third row was definitely part of the decision making process.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts